[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Glowing Crystal Material
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Glowing Crystal Material

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:58 pm

Glowing Crystal Material

Discovered this great material
Previews by Towik (Thank you!)
Attachments
ContactSheet-001.jpg
Crystal-Glowing.mat.zip
Here's a little library to get you started.
(195.59 KiB) Downloaded 988 times
glowingcrystalmaterial.jpg
Last edited by Fletch on Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:08 am

<<

Towik

KT-Warrior

Post Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:41 am

<<

Nanakisan

KT-Senior

Post Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:03 pm

<<

massimo

KT-Wizard

Post Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:59 pm

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:05 pm

Thanks for the offer, Towik I would be very happy if you would render a preview or two... one for each color of crystal, perhaps?

we are supposed to use to render the image.

It should be rendered with MLT.

Since it's a material that lights up, you may want to hide a couple of the emitters in the scene before you render, I don't know... try one and see how it looks.

<<

Towik

KT-Warrior

Post Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:32 pm

Which way i should do it ?

001 / 002 ?

001 = lights = top /left , 0.125/0.125 watts/sr/m2 ,core glow material , material thin glass
002 = no lights , core default kerkythea texture , material Glow
Attachments
002.png
001.png

<<

Nanakisan

KT-Senior

Post Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:42 pm

I think the top one shows the effect most!
however the Kerkythea text is very hardly visible maybe making it brighter would help.
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:34 pm

002 is great.
changing exposure of image is only way to make it brighter if desired, but I think it's fine the way it is.
The brightness depends on the material in the pack that is used.

<<

Towik

KT-Warrior

Post Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:20 am

i have like only 5 or 6 done no red and lower cause power was cutted for a moment here and lost 2 KT and some other , were should i post the done pictures ? for everyone is PNG and HDR , normal and with ECM + Reverse D1_0 to 2_2 etc

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:07 pm

@Towik: no need for HDR, just post pngs here, and I will attach to thread above- I REALLY appreciate the help. :!:

So, I worked last night on this, developed the pack a bit more to be exactly what I want, and also made thin glass versions of the mats above. I've always been trying to make a 'dusty glass' material in KT and never figured a way before that was convincing. What do you think of these below?

I will update the post above with these updated materials using THIN GLASS in the pack.
We don't need previews for every single variety, just a few for a taste of what the pack looks like.
Attachments
DustyLite-Dusty-Frosted-Low+.jpg
same scene with low PMFG settings from Twilight Render
DustyLite-Dusty-Frosted-mlt.jpg
rendered with MLT

<<

massimo

KT-Wizard

Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:43 am

They looks quite good. I prefer the first lamp, but somewhat it lacks in intensity of lighting. Perhaps a point light inside is needed.
<<

Towik

KT-Warrior

Post Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:50 am

<<

jamaicabraden

Post Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:29 pm

Return to Materials