[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Let's make some noise
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Let's make some noise

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

DCNic

Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:19 am

Let's make some noise

<<

DCNic

Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:26 am

<<

tridem

KT-Master

Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:19 am

Hi DCNic, welcome! :welcome:
About the website, I believe it's a ticklish matter to submit directly to administrators, but for what it's worth I agree that a little refresh would be great to hush who says KT is dead!

You're right, documentation and tutorials are essential to learn using a software satisfactorily... nevertheless preparing a tutorial or even a translation requires a lot of time, and very few people take care to spend time to share their own knowledge for free, Giannis and all KT team did (and still do by supporting this forum) a great present to all of us...if you or feel to can repay in someway... just start doing it. :wink:
<<

DCNic

Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:38 pm

That's why this is a "Call" to the community, there are a lot of nice renders in the gallery... so it would nice see the process of creating such beatiful images. The light setup, render settings, camara settings...

As for the Web Page, Kerkythea homepage uses Joomla as CMS, there are a lot of free Templates, so maybe, it's not that hard to change the layout of the web page, though I could be wrong.

As for me, see, I'm not an expert in all this render issue and I don't have a decent computer, so to achive a nice render it could take me more than a day :( . And if I make a mistake in the render scene.... .... helpless.

So I wish to see a tutorial "If you do This, you're going to get this result", something as the WYSIWYG editor :P

Thanks for the reply.
<<

PaulC327

KT-Senior

Post Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:40 pm

State of the Kerkythea Address

DCNic I agree with you wholeheartedly on both points/ On the tutorials I understand exactly where you're coming from, I have gained skills in Kerkythea by experimenting in it for 3 years and by piecing together information from tutorials and the forums throughout that time, however, it could have been made a lot easier by a few simple tutorials that explained the entire process and helped demystify some of the complex nomenclature.

As far as the current state of KT:

I feel I have invested 3 years of my time and interest into KT and I'm at a difficult juncture. The elephant in the room is that most of the posts on this forum are over a year old, I feel as I'm trying to raise more sails on a sinking ship. The KT team has moved on to Thea which is understandable (everyone's gotta eat) and there have been no assurances made that Echo 2008 won't be the last release of KT, I have been KT's biggest fanboy for the past 3 years and have converted many colleagues, however, I can see through the grainy haze of a 4 pass MLT render the other shoe dropping. I now have access to 3dS Max '11 (legally) and currently still choose to use KT out of comfort and integration with SketchUp but when the time comes to choose a commercial product, I probably will be switching to the time tested standard vs. the new kid on the block, call me disloyal, traitor, or even a freeloader but when I'm paying for a product the entire playing field changes. What makes Kerkythea so great is it's robustness to price ratio and more importantly the community that supports it, are we seeing both of those slowly submerge into the archaic wasteland of the tecnological pase`?
<<

tridem

KT-Master

Post Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:03 pm

:shock: sorry to say...most of YOUR posts are over a year old, you got skills with tutorials written for free by other persons, have you ever done anything to help new users? even just say "welcome mate"?... at least don't say this is a dead community, I see the staff answering every day to annoying noobie questions. KT is a free software, developed by very few people you cannot compare it with a commercial product.
btw...@DCnic: don't you wanted to increase the KT spirit? all i saw from you is just ask ask ask (3 messages=3 requests)
Cheers
<<

PaulC327

KT-Senior

Post Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:14 pm

<<

tridem

KT-Master

Post Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:50 pm

<<

PaulC327

KT-Senior

Post Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:55 pm

Re: State of the Kerkythea Address

<<

saurus

KT-Senior

Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:55 am

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:16 am

1) The KT Team would welcome a trusted member of the community that is a talented web designer that is willing to help "refresh" the page.

2) KT's next update is in beta right now.

3) If you want to support KT's development - and love KT - support Giannis by or .

Thea has an - please support that plugin's development and spread the word through the Max community. .

and save 45%!

Last edited by Fletch on Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

<<

DCNic

Post Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:19 am

Return to Wish List