[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Simplicity
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Simplicity

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:18 pm

Re: Simplicity

Are you exporting with option Instanced = Yes? If no, that might explain. 1.3 Gb KT model is certainly a challenge.
What KT version you are using? Development version of KT viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10661 has a 64-bit versions for 64-bit OS. Using that might solve some issues, but also it might create some new as it's a beta version.
Thea Render and Kerkythea Rendering System, by Solid Iris Technologies
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:23 pm

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:40 pm

<<

Visvambhara

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:33 am

Thank you, I am working on it. Will post the results as soon as I am ready.
<<

Visvambhara

Post Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:01 am

Q: What KT version you are using?
A: I am using Kerkythea 2008 Echo Edition, Powered by Thea Render Engine v2.0.19

Q: Are you exporting with option Instanced = Yes? If no, that might explain.
A: I tried both options on smaller models but do not see any big (visual) differences in the final render result.

Q: Then, export one layer (or group) at a time, open the layer (or group) in KT, render only that one layer (or group) each in a new clean scene. Then you will, I'm guessing, find the "problem" layer (or group).
A: I followed your advice and found two layers that had some excessive geometry. Render time was a bit too long on those two. I had to build them again but did not test the render as I have a bunch of other layers still on the list.

Q: Some one asked what is the actual size of the model.
A: H=7.5m; W=32m; L= 38m
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:47 am

<<

Visvambhara

Post Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:00 am

Finally finished some serious cleaning....again.... my original SU file became 12Mb from the previous 18 Mb which is a great improvement. Did not render test it yet.

Made an experiment with instances...as you suggested. The result was: with NO Instances the model was exported in 4.34 min and size is 308 Mb. With Instances the model was exported in 24 seconds and the file size is 28.5 Mb.
This is a huge improvement from the point where I had it on 1.3 Gb when exported. This is sooo great!!!! Thank you.

The one-by-one layer approach worked so far to point out the critical components and layers. I will still do another one-by-one layer rendering to see if there is anything else that I can clean up and polish.
Thanks a lot.
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:09 pm

Nice to hear. One can never be too careful with scene optimization. Positive side is that, now you are afford to add mode details to your scene and get more convincing render result. Bevels on sharp edges, some deformation in ground, leafs and some other irregularities in exterior surfaces etc...
<<

Visvambhara

Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:22 am

Thanks to everyone who dedicated their quality time to assist me in this project. I finally managed to create some really nice renders of the model constructed. Probably most of you will find mistakes here and there as I also see them and wish to take to perfection. I will continue in my free time and may contact you for more help as I still have some questions. But for now, big big thanks again!

I used Photon Map Quick to fine tune the lights and then modified the pre-set by applying AA Method: Iterative Pass 3x3 and AA Threshold: 0.1. Render was finished in ~1.5 hours
Attachments
interior_1.jpg
interior 1
before_after_2.jpg
before meets plan
before_after_1.jpg
before meets plan
<<

Visvambhara

Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:25 am

Some more images:
Attachments
interior_9.jpg
interior 5
interior_7.jpg
interior 4
interior_3.jpg
interior 3
<<

Visvambhara

Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:27 am

Some more render:
Attachments
interior_12.jpg
interior 8
interior_11.jpg
interior 7
interior_10.jpg
interior 6
<<

tridem

KT-Master

Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:21 am

Impressive work =D> though I would like to see them with bigger resolution =P~
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:16 pm

<<

Visvambhara

Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:21 pm

This forum allows to post the files not larger then 750 kb so I am posting a slightly resized images. My original renderings were done in 1916 x 920, native resolution of the screen and are 1.0 Mb. KT was refusing to make larger images when I tried to go bigger. I am not 100% satisfied with the final render because the images look a little blurred and some details (e.g. carving on the pillars and the top of the dome) are hardly visible and appear flat. When using pre-set 19 and 20 I gave us after 16 hours or rendering time as the machine did 36 "frames" out of 10000. Worth then that some of the lights did not appear working and I could not figure why although they did appear on a quick render. Any ideas? :roll:

Please have a look at the images and I hope the resolution is better for you now.
Attachments
interior_10.jpg
interior_7.jpg
interior_1.jpg
<<

Visvambhara

Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:53 pm

Another thing that I could not achieve is the soft light in the bench. The original idea of the ornamental design on the bench is that it will be made of semi-clear resin and is lit from behind. The light either appeared too bright and therefore was not looking realistic or it was too dull as it appears on my final render. Eventually I had to stick with the second option as it looked more natural but lost its light effect.

Another interesting thing happened with the chandelier. I had a real hard time to show the light. I edited the material that I added in SU and the light just was not going through. It also did not work when I applied material within KT. Eventually I imported KT material into SU and then it started to work. Although another interesting thing happened. In SU I placed point lights into the chandelier, behind the glass but in front of other surfaces literally imitating the placement of a real light globes but when rendered, the light would appear on the ceiling going through anything that was above it (in this case the recessed octagon with the moulding) as if shining through the base of the chandelier even when it is a non transparent material or surface.

I did not keep the samples of this issue but I am posting the chandelier image without light.

I know that I have a long way to go when it comes to full understanding of the functions of these (SU & KT) two powerful engines but I hope that with your kind help and assistance I will be able to climb the mountains.
Attachments
chandelier_20.jpg
chandelier_19.jpg
PreviousNext

Return to Wish List