[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Wishes
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Wishes

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:25 am

Wishes

Wishes will probably become features someday :wink:
But try to be as specific as you can and note that small
wishes are easier to implement and get higher priority...
giannis
<<

jcrew

KT-Fellow

Post Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:55 pm

roofing texture

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:47 am

<<

Dennie

KT-Warrior

Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:52 pm

I wish that the opening and saving of the xml files would be more handy.
Two examples:
- an opened recent list
- opening files directly by double clicking, instead of launching KT and then find the file with open

Keep up the good work guys!!!
<<

taveuni13

KT-Warrior

Post Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:51 am

For months now I have been plugging KT on the Chief Architect Forum, created some tutorial videos to do the hoop jumping from .3ds export to SU, and then import into KT, gotten a few dedicated converts, and have also sparked a lot of attention given that my Chief to Kerkythea Tutorials thread now has 360 replies and 4,477 views.

Chief has always had its wagon hitched to PovRay, as in Chief has on on-board version of Pov and you can also export directly to a Pov file for use in the stand-alone, which annoys just about anyone who sees my KT Renders, and especially those converts.

Chief has a .3ds exporter, which I know can be opened in KT, but it's all broken up as if instanced, which can make changing materials cumbersome to say the least, and of course the sun and lighting info isn't there.

Sooooo.....

This just begs the question for me and possibly thousands of Chief Architect users-

Is a Chief to Kerkythea exporter possible? I have posted this in the Chief suggestions forum, and the Customer Support Manager wonders why KT doesn't do a PovRay converter?

Me not being at all progamming savvy at all, what would be the least difficult route?

Anyway, hoop jumping aside, I am a dedicated KT guy. Thanks again for all the help I've goten here and keep up the great work!

Arroyo Grande, CA, USA

Kerkythea, Chief Architect X1 & X2, Sketchup Pro 6
<<

JTB

KT-Explorer

Post Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:25 pm

For KT, my biggest wish is that Giannis and the KT Team continue this great work!!!

Some other wishes...

1. Improve the GUI a little, and make it more like windows because I think it is much faster this way....

2. To be able to have KT files thumbnails in explorer.

3. To be able to have material files and not material libraries. I think it is easier, faster, better to share. Instead of libraries and library selection, a material browser would be more efficient. I can understand the beauty of libraries for better organization of materials and other reasons but I think I prefer single material files.

4. To use a real 3d space, with x,y,z axis where we can move and rotate the objects using numbers... KT is not only a renderer since it uses it's own lights... We have to easily be able to place them exactly where we need them. Also, since we import and merge objects, we have to be able to manage their location, angle, scale using numbers.

5. Autosave is nice to have....

6. Export options would be very useful

7. The material editor is great but the GUI needs some improvement.... For example the way we scroll through mat libs.... Also, the way we select textures.... I really can't understand why Giannis is not using the simple windows dialogs for this.... For example if I open a folder with 200 images turning it to thumbnails takes much longer in KT than in standard windows dialog.

8. Save options and preferences...

9. Fractal generated clouds for physical sky.... I always remember accurender, in the old days.... Everything was easy back then... I could choose from 3-4 kinds of clouds and it was quite realistic... Of course everything else wasn't :D

10. Drag and drop for many things... For example, drag and drop a material on the viewport or the selected object from the model list.
Also, drag and drop textures from explorer to KT mat editor... Or whatever you can think of... It is the best way to do things.

I would like to repeat that KT is great already!!!!

Thanks a lot,

Dimitris.
I don't think I will ever write something clever here....Revit Architecture 2010, AutoCAD 2010, MoI3d, 3dsMAX Design 2010, Maxwell, Kerkythea and lots of working hours...!
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:47 pm

@Bryce:
sure it's possible, you would need a coder to do this... someone who knows programming and is willing to create the code to accomplish it.

to create a plugin to bring KT into Chief is also a possibility if, like w/ SketchUp's Ruby or Blender's Python, it has an SDK that programmers can add functionality onto it.

The next version of KT will (according to current plan) be able to read .fbx format.
.FBX is the next generation of 3D export that is open to all... so it's very high quality and free. (the latest version of ACAD has dumped 3ds export completely if that gives you a hint of .3ds future) Revit exports to FBX to import it's info, lights, sky, materials definitions, animation, cams, everything into 3dsMax/Design 2009 - so I would rather ask Chief's makers to upgrade their export to be an .fbx export option.

But also, you will want to have a plugin capability that allows you to bring KT into Chief. This will require the plugin creator to license the KT SDK from Ioannis.

The option of KT reading Chief models directly is the least likely route as there are other options that do not put the support of such a feature on Ioannis' already heavily burdened shoulders. :lol:

<<

taveuni13

KT-Warrior

Post Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:42 am

Thank you Fletch, for that detailed response. I do think the folks at Chief had mentioned the new FBX format. They are planning a new realease for March but not sure if this will be a new feature or not. Given the impending doom of .3ds, seems like they were pretty late in getting to that option.

Wish I was a coder , I would be all over it. :grin:

Arroyo Grande, CA, USA

Kerkythea, Chief Architect X1 & X2, Sketchup Pro 6
<<

rallystile

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:45 am

I really appreciate all the work you guys have done with Kerkythea. It's an awesome program!

For my wishlist, I'd really like to have the option to change the keyboard shortcuts, a la SketchUp.

"Q": I like that I can rotate w/ this. In SketchUp I use "O" for Orbit, but I'm considering changing to Q as well, since SketchUp can change shortcuts.

"P": That's fine. Same as SketchUp.

But I've looked and can't find a shortcut for the "Select" tool in Kerkythea? Is there a shortcut that perhaps I've overlooked.

It would be great if "Spacebar" would automatically change to the "Select" tool.

Thanks again for such a great rendering tool!
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:04 pm

why not use your middle mouse button to orbit? in either SU or KT? is your mouse missing a button? if so, time to upgrage...
watch instancing brush tutorial for intro on KT's interface.

that said, many wish for customizable shortcuts... agreed!

<<

rallystile

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:24 pm

Cheers for the fast reply. I'll check out the tutorial for sure!

I didn't know about the mouse button thing. Actually, the one part that I do like about the Kerkythea UI is the right mouse button doing the pan. It's very useful for lining up lights from above. [/quote]
<<

rcossoli

KT-Warrior

Post Sat May 30, 2009 2:08 am

I wish
I wish ...
A new version of kerkythea :lol:
NEW

<<

rombout

KT-Master

Post Sat May 30, 2009 10:05 pm

Imac 24" 2.8 Ghz Intel Core Duo 4GB

Alejandro FM

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:32 pm

<<

Howie

Post Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:05 am

I know you guys are looking into this but.. I would love GPU support (ati and nvidia)! I can't afford a quad core right now or an i7 cpu.. but i've got a pretty decent ati 8750 graphics card.
Next

Return to Wish List