[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Anti-aliasing clip maps
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Anti-aliasing clip maps

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

Robynsveil

KT-Fellow

Post Fri May 09, 2008 1:47 pm

Anti-aliasing clip maps

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri May 09, 2008 4:59 pm

currently you would need to put the clip map into the refraction slot instead of using it in the clip mask. currently clip masking forces the image to 'clip' at 50/50 black and white... but if you put it in refraction, it works like you want. ;)

<<

Robynsveil

KT-Fellow

Post Sat May 10, 2008 12:14 am

Thanks, Fletch, for your reply. At this point, I've got the following settings in the Material Editor for the hair material:
Reflectance:
..Diffuse--hair texture bitmap
..Specular Attentuation--Fresnel
..Shininess--0.100

Transmittance:
..Refraction--clip (transmap) bitmap
..Index of--0.200
..Transmitted Attentuation--Cosine
..Transmitted shininess--128.00

All other settings in the material editor were left at default.

For render settings, I used:
..06. Photon Map - Medium + AA 0.3
The image I got is:Image
I must still be doing something wrong... thanks for looking at this issue for me.
Cheers,
Robyn
<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Sat May 10, 2008 6:37 pm

Looks like it is at least 33% too large. :? The hair I mean.
Fanners \:D/
_______
<<

Robynsveil

KT-Fellow

Post Sun May 11, 2008 1:18 am

<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Sun May 11, 2008 9:16 am

Fanners \:D/
_______
<<

Frederik

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun May 11, 2008 9:24 am

Somehow you're not using the clip-map correct...
I'm positive that you're not using the alpha-chanel bitmap and in the bitmap Options, you need to tick the "Alpha Channel" for your clip map tecture... ;)

Hope this can help you further...!?
Cheers
Kim Frederik

“…When a decision is made it’s important that you implement it quickly.”
<<

Robynsveil

KT-Fellow

Post Mon May 12, 2008 11:56 am

<<

Frederik

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon May 12, 2008 5:56 pm

Robyn, please take a look at post I just made in another thread... ;)
Cheers
Kim Frederik

“…When a decision is made it’s important that you implement it quickly.”
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon May 12, 2008 6:55 pm

Hi Kim, I wonder if KT handles the .png alpha channel differently from a normal alpha mask.

because KT will 'clip' a grayscale image in the alpha channel into a 50/50 situation... that is, you give it a number and anything above that number on the greyscale chart is considered as 'white' in KT, and anything below is considered 'black'.

now, the issue above it that the alpha mask is a complex greyscale map, so if KT recognizes this from the .png without clipping it to be black and white, this will work well, but if KT handles the .png alphas just like it does a normal clip mask, then the problem will remain.

I think the refraction, in that case, is the way to handle this... but will need some experimentation to learn/adjust/get it right.

Robyn, I would suggest only using one method or the other, otherwise you cannot tell which one's the problem.

If KT will read the png alpha channel as a greyscale without clipping, you should be all good... but if not, put it ONLY in the refraction slot and adjust the map to clip the right pixels. (increase the contrast of the greyscale clip map)

<<

WallyR

Post Thu May 06, 2010 10:49 pm

poser hair transmap

<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri May 07, 2010 11:07 am

Re: poser hair transmap

<<

WallyR

Post Sun May 09, 2010 8:11 am

transmap

I thought such an option probably existed and had looked for it but couldn't find it. Where are the bitmap options? I just went into the material editor and added a jpeg image to the refraction channel, but I don't know where to find this option.
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun May 09, 2010 9:36 am

Click on the small bitmap thumbnail in Material Editor > Texture Editor. Now you will see Bitmap Options on right side of the Texture Editor.

Return to Wish List