[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - KT's user interface and other useful things.
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

KT's user interface and other useful things.

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

JTB

KT-Explorer

Post Fri May 30, 2008 10:32 am

KT's user interface and other useful things.

As you can see, the last few days I posted 3 times in wish list forum... This means that I start using KT a lot and I see some things that can be improved....

One of them, very important, is KT's 3d space.... No numbers.... why?

I used MoI3d beta for a while, a very nice, fast, powerful and simple NURBS modeler, which I recommend to all of you, very cheap and nice and with a great obj exporter. You can try it from www.moi3d.com

I don't want to advertise MoI, I just want to say that I would very much like to see KT's UI like that....
For example...

1. Grid to XY,YZ,XZ planes
2. Origin and Axis and numbers showing position and angle.
3. Measure distance.
4. Move using absolute X,Y,Z numbers or like Autocad's distance<angle method.
5. Divided screen (maybe only one can be shaded view for speed reasons)

I think that Moi's creator, Michael Gibson has done a great job in that area... Giannis has done a SUPERB renderer, so a combination like that, could be the product of the century.... Also, since Michael Gibson is a great guy, always listening to his clients opinion, I think that a KT exporter for MoI would be a great addition.

I really hope to help with these posts to make KT better, although it is already a big success.
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri May 30, 2008 11:35 am

<<

Extremefatalist

KT-GrandMaster

Post Fri May 30, 2008 12:06 pm

Precise pisitioning...

Precise positioning, that's to say positioning by numerical input, hopefully is an expected feature of the coming release :wink: :)
<<

JTB

KT-Explorer

Post Fri May 30, 2008 2:00 pm

<<

alex

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri May 30, 2008 8:26 pm

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
<<

RAYMAN

KT-Explorer

Post Sat May 31, 2008 12:38 am

to Moi 3d...

I too use Moi 3d and love it and I would love to see a MOI2KT exporter !!!
When you search this forum you can see that my wish was .3dm
import for Rhino and Moi3d ... :wink:
Peter
<<

JTB

KT-Explorer

Post Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:18 am

Re: to Moi 3d...

<<

ilay7k

KT-Fellow

Post Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:43 am

i love this tool - AccuTrans 3D from http://www.micromouse.ca
from MoI in lwo-format, then using ACC3D to dxf

and sketchup too.
---
i forget free meshlab(3ds, obj to dxf) - http://meshlab.sourceforge.net

example of obj-ply to dxf from meshlab:
-----

sorry for offtopic
JTB have you try IDECAD(like revit or archicad) - http://www.idecad.com ?
I try, all model lights and ect. transfered perfectly from it in 3ds format(into KT)
<<

JTB

KT-Explorer

Post Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:23 pm

Thanks a lot for this, ilay7k, I will check it!

Return to Wish List