[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Polygon Count
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Polygon Count

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

StarWarsKnower

KT-Warrior

Post Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:52 pm

Polygon Count

Mike

I'm still new to Kerkythea, so don't trust my advise completely without asking someone else :P
<<

Jon

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:12 pm

I'm sorry... call me ignorant, but I have no idea what you're talking about. :oops:

"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence"
~Robert Fripp
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:24 pm

Attachments
Triangles.jpg

<<

StarWarsKnower

KT-Warrior

Post Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:24 pm

Ah, I see, many thanks! Jon, try page 21 of the Begginers Starting Guide, that explains how polygons are in a 3D model.
Mike

I'm still new to Kerkythea, so don't trust my advise completely without asking someone else :P
<<

Jon

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:55 pm

SWK, I know all about poly's, but none of the info you provided is correct. Sketchup is strictly a triangle based program (no NURBS or splines like in most 3d programs) with a preference log showing how many polys there are in the model, and I still don't know what you mean when you talk about poly distribution as if it was a feature. :?

~Robert Fripp
<<

StarWarsKnower

KT-Warrior

Post Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:19 pm

Oh sorry, I didn't realise you were part of the KT team, (lol I sent you the Begginers Starting Guide :oops: ). I didn't know sketchup had a poly count, thanks! And don't worry about the polygon distribution thing.

EDIT: Where is the poly count, (do you mean the face count, because that is just faces, not triangles.)
Mike

<<

Frederik

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:58 pm

Cheers
Kim Frederik

“…When a decision is made it’s important that you implement it quickly.”
<<

Jon

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:48 am

~Robert Fripp
<<

StarWarsKnower

KT-Warrior

Post Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:25 am

Mike

<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:45 pm

SU do count edges and faces. Draw a rectangle in the SU and you will get 4 edges and 1 face. Export it to KT and you will get 2 triangles. So it's apples ws oranges situation. Certainly both ways go give your reasonable good understanding about complexity of the scene.

Return to Wish List