[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Revit Exporter
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Revit Exporter

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

Jake.co

Post Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:43 am

Revit Exporter

Revit exporter would be nice or a way to open the file in KT. Does any one know away to get the 3d model with revit materials to KT? :?:
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:27 am

I want this too!

Right now the only thing I can tell you is that you need to export to CAD file from Revit, bring the dwg into SketchUp and use SU2KT to export from SU to KT.

this obviously loses the revit mats :( , and does not bring in any revit views :( ... at least I don't think so... perhaps if you've placed a 3D cam in revit, it will save the cam into ACAD... then perhaps if you save that using the "3dsout" command in ACAD (but ACAD2008 does not export 3ds files - I believe) you can get your cams in a 3ds file and import them into KT that way (File>merge>add new cams to current).

I just started using revit... I will create a tut. when I get more info.

Remember when exporting from Revit to ACAD format that you should choose a format older than 2007 as SU6 can not read 2007 format .dwg files.

<<

Jake.co

Post Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:15 pm

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:20 pm

if 3ds means 3dsMax, then yes, and no... my understanding was that you had to still export the .rvt as a .dwg... and therefore bye-bye materials... :( they've probably fixed 3dsMax latest releases to open up .rvt + materials - YOU WOULD THINK SO BY NOW!

but I can't say much because I have Viz '06 & '08, and I really just got trained this week in Revit... I will experiment much with this, trust me :!:

I can say that I had an insider spill the beans with me and tell me that the new Revit 2009 (coming out April 15) ELIMINATES joke-u-render :roll: and fully integrates Mental Ray
8-[ =P~ :-$ \:D/ :-$ :-$ :-$ 8-[

but still... I would love to have KT native within Revit AND SketchUp... I don't like all the exporting... and I LOVE KaTie. :D

I asked the Revit trainer if there are plugins for Revit... and he didn't know.
I asked if one can write exporters for Revit... he didn't know.

I'll find out soon... [-o<

<<

JTB

KT-Explorer

Post Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:07 pm

Revit exports dwg with architectural mats.... Now there will be an FBX export from Revit2009 (Mental Ray), so everything will be automatically imported in MAX. Afaik, there will be only one kind of mental ray mat used in Revit2009.

It would be easier to write an RVT importer for KT than to add a Revit exporter for KT.... Revit's API is still only for macros.
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:01 pm

<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:39 pm

FBX SDK is free (C++). I think .fbx is worth to include to supported formats.
<<

JTB

KT-Explorer

Post Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:00 am

AFAIK, Revit2009 FBX will be recognized only by MAX2009, so I guess this will be a problem for older formats
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:11 pm

I'm saying I think Kerkythea could be made to read FBX files.

<<

sloarch

Post Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:48 am

Re: Revit Exporter

Right now, one of the only things keeping our Architecture office from using KT is the lack of a direct Revit -> KT work flow. Having to go through a secondary program like SketchUp or 3dsMax isn't realistic in a fast paced work environment where changes are frequently made to the model geometry. Hopefully the rumors are true and FBX support will be included in the next version.
<<

taveuni13

KT-Warrior

Post Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:24 am

Same is true I think for a lot of Chief Architect users.

I think they have been entertaining the idea of an FBX exporter, but until then the CA/3ds/SU/KT hoop jumping is a stumbling block for many. But the KT results I post there have been raising a good many eyebrows from people tired of the PovRay that Chief has had it's wagon hitched to for the 10+ years I have been using it.

Arroyo Grande, CA, USA

Kerkythea, Chief Architect X1 & X2, Sketchup Pro 6
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:13 pm

<<

sloarch

Post Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:00 pm

<<

Fletch