[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Render Engine Wish Tracker
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Render Engine Wish Tracker

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:06 am

Render Engine Wish Tracker

1. Addition of "dust" texture near corners. [6 days]

2. Addition of IES lights. [10 days]

3. Addition of parallel lights. [5 days]

4. Fog working with BiPT. [6 days]

5. Better depth tracing. [4 days]

6. Adaptive AA. [25 days] (done: not adaptive but very much improved)

7. Texture baking. [15 days]

8. Irradiance gradients improvements. [-- days]

9. Soft shadow (point lights) support in BiPT. [4 days]

10. realtime interactive lighting feature
http://www.kerkythea.net/phpBB2/kerkyth ... =kerkythea

11. (X-Ray) not visible to the cam but visible by the GI

The times are estimation of full days work (including Murphy's law :lol:).
It's just an estimate to update the priority list based on which task is
smaller and which is larger (always like to put smaller tasks in top
priority).
You can ask for a particular feature or you can request a feature
to be of highest priority.

13.- White balance. Chromatic Adaptation

12.- Mitchele-Netravalis Filter (Antialising edge enhancement at pixel level)http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/VRayHelp150beta/examples_image_sampler.htm

13.- Ruifeng Xu Interpixel coherency, enhanced Bilateral Filter
http://graphics.cs.ucf.edu/RXU/IEEECGA2004.pdf

14.- Explore the fesability of Adaptive Render (Vegas sampling)
(William Leeson, Rendering with Adaptive Integration)

15.- Avanced Tonal mapping (Reinhard, Lischinski the best!)
http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~danix/itm/

16.- Rendering by Parts
http://www.mvps.org/directx/articles/ti ... /index.htm

17.- Cel/Cartoon Shading
Last edited by giannis on Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:31 am

my idea is to edit the initial post! otherwise we'll get lost
with several posts around!
whatever is your wish, just edit the original post and insert it
as some (or at the end and discuss the priority afterwards).

thanks for reminding me these "small" wishes,
giannis
<<

patricks

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:48 am

For me adaptive AA is the most important of all because as I explain earlier , it dos not matter how many features a render have if the final image lakes in quality do to AA issues . Just my opinion :roll:

Greetings Patrick
<<

patricks

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:36 pm

25 days for adaptive AA :D that sounds very good
(obviously it depends witch improvement are going to be made first but even if it would be the last one , it would be there before Christmas and not every program can say that :lol: )

Greetings Patrick
<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:17 pm

actually, it's overestimated! but then, it's 25 days FULL work
which means that it will take pretty much to end up.
<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:18 pm

hehe, i know who edited last time... i am sure claudio added
the mitchel filter, and chromatic adaptation. :wink:
<<

clipi

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:28 pm

yes I did!!! and I promise.. not to ask it again!!!!
thanks for being so patient!!
<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:17 am

wow, i think the tracker works already! for both development and users. :)
<<

tango13

KT-Explorer

Post Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:55 pm

Interruptible BiPT

<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:31 pm

<<

u3dreal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:18 am

I'd rather prefer the possibility to use K over the net... then we wouldn't have to wait so long .. :D

cheers

u3dreal ;)
<<

Astrophizz

Post Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:58 pm

I think net rendering BiPT and hard disk suspension go hand-in-hand. I know for the Indigo net render the slaves save images which are uploaded to the master server to be compiled or whatever. I don't know the specifics of how it works beyond that though. I'd like to join in on some group rendering, especially on u3dreal's mega-renders :) Indigo doesn't seem to have active cross-net rendering - just a few people who have an extra comp - but I think it would be cool to set up something like a weekly net render that people can jump in and out of when they want.
<<

wehby

KT-Warrior

Post Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:55 pm

Yep. That's what I'm talking about, Astrophizz. Not an active network render, but a way to add the data from one HDR image to another one to get the cumulative effects.

Giannis' question is a good one: How does the quality of a single 500 iteration rendering compare with the quality of 2 merged 250 iteration renderings? I guess the answer depends on whether points that have already been sampled are eliminated from the posibility of sampling in a single session BiPT rendering. Or if a single pixel has the same chance of being tested multiple times in single session versus multi- session rendering.

I'd like to test this. I'm not sure how to merge 2 images, other than to delete all of the black pixels in one rendering (making them transparent) and layer that image on top of the other rendering in photoshop.

Even if the (2)x250 iteration rendering ended up being 75% of the quality of a (1)x500 iteration rendering, it would only take half the time on 2 computers. That's got to be worth something.

Astrophizz, do you know what method Indigo uses to merge the 2 sessions together?

-wehby
<<

Astrophizz

Post Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:49 am

<<

archigrafix

Post Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:19 am

In my opinion I think that most important way to developp KT is about improving in a Productive and professionnal environnement: I mean time is money as you know and time is mostly important when dealing with short dead lines and Clients who do not exactly know what they want and can change their mind. So improvement for me would be about SPEED and productive tools like render only a part of the image (as I do in Blender ) and not the entire image when my client ask for a small change.
Better previews of final renderings to help in differents choice...
I hope my proposal doesn't sound too money based cause KT is already a wonderful soft.
THANX
Important: In anyway keep the simple interface and the straight approach of KT.
Next

Return to Wish List