[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Render Engine Wish Tracker
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Render Engine Wish Tracker

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

grzybu

KT-Explorer

Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:57 pm

I'm just wondering when we can expect texture baking? It would be extremely useful to bake such great GI into textures for low poly models.
No I have to use Pixie for texture baking, but it requires lot of work.
Regards
Grzegorz Rakoczy
http://grzybu.com
<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:04 pm

one thing i want to ask here before answering:

texture baking is greatly simplified if all objects have been pre-assigned
uv coordinates. In this case, the main problem remaining is how to save
the result (probably a 3ds file).

so, are we talking about pre-assigned uv, or the application should
take on its own stuffing together the lightmaps automatically in a texture?

because there's a huge difference in work needed then... in the former
case, this can be expected in a nearby release!
giannis
<<

jendrzych

KT-Warrior

Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:16 pm

My opinion is, that baking with predefined UV coordinates would be much more user-friendly, cause you could define texture laytout that matches your particular needs (for future postpro i.e.)...
<<

grzybu

KT-Explorer

Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:17 pm

I have always UV maps done before rendering. I need them for game engine and Pixie works in the same way. Just takes s,t point and saves radiance to special object which is rendered later as plane.
Here is link to Pixie tutorial for baking: http://www.george-graphics.co.uk/pixiew ... eToTexture
Regards
Grzegorz Rakoczy
<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:17 am

<<

grzybu

KT-Explorer

Post Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:24 am

Regards
Grzegorz Rakoczy
<<

Extremefatalist

KT-GrandMaster

Post Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:55 am

Instant radiosity...

<<

qinjuehang

KT-Explorer

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:37 am

Physically correct glare (as in Radiance)
<<

grzybu

KT-Explorer

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:54 am

Are texture baking in short term plans? It would be very, very usable in animations. Blender have nice texture baking but blenders GI is only AO.
Regards
Grzegorz Rakoczy
<<

qinjuehang

KT-Explorer

Post Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:07 am

Yeah, just thought of this. What about full volume transfer? Now the SSS is good, but for some applications (murky water?), full volume transfer, as in monte-carlo for scattering, is needed.
<<

gsfunkarch

Post Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:48 pm

Multi Core Rendering

I am using KT on a 4 core Mac Pro - I've noticed that the meshes and the shooting of photons can only utilize one core out of the for I have available. The actual ray-tracing uses all four. Is there possibly a manner in which future releases could utilize multi-cores for processes other than the ray-tracing?

Another wish is the inclusion of effective network rendering solutions,

Thanks for a great program...
<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:39 pm

<<

Penguin

KT-Fellow

Post Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:05 pm

Here are some wish list in a sticky way. ;)

1) When in the root/tree in a grouped objects, I'd like to get to SELECT, HIDE/SHOW or ENABLE/DISABLE an object into this group as we get to do when not grouped;

2) When in the root/tree, I'd like to press key delete to get to delete one object;

3) When we click RMB to Apply Material or use Library Selection, in that list, I'd like also get to use the mouse scroll button to get to scroll this list. When we mouse over the arrows up/down the auto-scroll would be a little faster or get to set this speed into some options menu;

4) When we change the camera resolution, it would refresh the blue dotted line automatically. Now a days I need to use Go-to/Flow to get it refreshed. In the camera settings we would also have a button on the side of resolution to get to invert the resolution (Horizontal/Vertical);

5) Would be interesting to get to Right Click on blue dotted line or click twice on it to get to change the resolution;

6) I'd like to see more viewports at the same time. I mean, get to split the window in more views such as TOP, LEFT, RIGHT, BOTTOM, PERSPECTIVE, and CAMERA;

7) I'd like to move the camera in one window and get to see the camera view in a little window as the little (quick view) or if we would get to split the screen in 4 views we would select one to see the camera view;

8) In the Material Browser (Library Selection), it would be cool if we could:
a) Right click and have the options to EDIT, DUPLICATE, RENAME or DELETE the material;
b) Drag & drop a material into the object in a scene. When dragging and over an object, it could get yellow as selected and the name of the object when mouse overed would show in the status bar. So, I would drop on the correct object;
c) Get to drag & drop the material to sort the way we want to;
d) When we mouse over the material, it shows the full name into a yellow strip (I don't know the correct name of it - like the alt= command in the html), so it would have a way to be less sensitive when using tablet. I mean, Its hard to make the pen get very stopped over the material to get to keep this strip shown and get to read them;
e) Besides the buttons Library Selection and Reload, we would have the button "Install Library";

9) The windows Rendered Image, Console, Network and Material Editor, each one would work as TABS like we have in Internet Explorer 7 or Mozilla FireFox 2.0;

10) When in the root/tree, it would be cool if we have the option COPY and PASTE MATERIAL even when grouped. This way I could copy one material from one object and paste into another;

11) In the render setup, we would have an checkbox/option to turn-off the computer after rendering an image. I mean, we would get to set before the name of the file that it will save after finishing the render and after saving the file KT would turnf-off the computer;

12) KT would have a kind of "Bitmap coordinates" for models. I mean, a kind of "Model coordinates". Some times I merge one object and it gets so small and I get to scale and move the mouse/pen thousand times to make it bigger. If I would type a xyz values, it would be much faster. Maybe it would show up by typing Tab or Enter when selected the object;

13) KT would have the option DUPLICATE also on the contextual menu when we RMB over an object and/or also accept press the Insert key when working on the tree/root;

14) When I group some objects (cube, sphere, cylinder) and right click on one of them and select ungorup, it should ungroup only this object from the group, but if I do it now a days, it deletes the object from the scene. Maybe we would have an option "Exclude from group";

15) When objects are grouped, we don't get to HIDE or SELECT an object, it need to be ungrouped to use the HIDE option with the RMB. I'd like to request to get to do it even grouped;

16) Coming soon..
<<

Penguin

KT-Fellow

Post Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:25 pm

16) After panning, rolling or dollying an scene KT would have a command like "Update camera" in the contextual menu in the MyScene/Cameras when we right click on a camera;
<<

Penguin

KT-Fellow

Post Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:29 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Wish List