[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Selective (?) rendering
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Selective (?) rendering

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

obkcaptain

KT-Fellow

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:07 pm

Selective (?) rendering

Hi all...
I'm doing a slow (but long, I think) way in KY
The question is simple:
Is there a simple way to "selective rendering" ?.
Sorry for my (bad) english...
I mean to render an element without rendering the rest of the scene.
When I need to check the material (for example) over an element, I need to point it, zoom, and look
Probably is a stupid question and I apologize if it was asked before
Thanks
<<

tridem

KT-Master

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:21 pm

Re: Selective (?) rendering

not at all a stupid question...but that's not possible in these terms(although it would be useful... :-k )
<<

Sergio

KT-Explorer

Post Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:45 pm

Well the way around it would be to hide the other materials in your scene and render only the material you want to test
<<

steve6

KT-Master

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:07 pm

You could render the entire scene, then cut out the rendered part you want in Photoshop or Gimp, then insert that into a jpeg of your unrendered model. Or render the section you want rendered as a separate file, then insert it into your model post-pro.
<<

obkcaptain

KT-Fellow

Post Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:05 am

Again with te selective rendering.

Imagine. You are modeling an apartment building with 20 floors.
You use one component and repeat x20. In one of the balconies, you put "fur" and then the number of triangles exceeds several million ....
My proposal is: When exporting (from SU) it's possible export only the "window" we want to render?. (not the whole scene, only the "camera vision")
With this, we will reduce a lot (please read, a huge) of unwanted elements
It is certainly a challenge
Masters and professors...go ahead!
<<

Sergio

KT-Explorer

Post Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:04 am

From sketchup you can select a particular element or group of elements in your scene and export this selection only to Kerkythea
Attachments
Selection Only.jpg
<<

obkcaptain

KT-Fellow

Post Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:10 am

Sergio, thanks for comment
Yes, I know. But I was talking about something else (Sorry, english is not my mother tongue)
Imagine (in your attached) you want to select a window and there are complex elements within this ... you'll export unwanted items they can slow...
Brief. Can you export ONLY a camera window?
Cheers
<<

Sergio

KT-Explorer

Post Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:59 am

I guess that by camera window you mean a scene you have created in sketchup. It is not possible to export a single scene however following the procedure I showed to you before you can export only the items you want to render by selecting them individually or as a group.
<<

Student

KT-Fellow

Post Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:36 am

tried copying the selection wanted to a new sketchup document. thats what Ive done for most of mine.

Return to Tips and Tricks