[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Water and waterfall
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Water and waterfall

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

FGomes

KT-Senior

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:25 pm

Water and waterfall

Hi,

I'm here to do some experiments and I would like to render a swimming pool with a waterfall, but I am not able to render the water properly, much less the cascade.

I modeled everything as read in several tutorials (water is a "box" with sides facing out), and the material used as water is "grasy water" from library.

I wonder if anyone can help me on how to render water properly and achieve the effect of falling water.

Kerkythea scene: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h3me6vdi2izr5 ... .kerky.zip

Sketchup scene: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d22v52akqd6dw ... etchup.zip

Thank you for your help.
Greetings
Filipe Gomes
Attachments
waterfall_1.jpg
pool_1.jpg
<<

FGomes

KT-Senior

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:43 pm

Re: Water and waterfall

Could any one tell me please if im on the good track??
Attachments
1.jpg
<<

FGomes

KT-Senior

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:39 pm

I read this post that exposes the exact problem im having...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11353

But Im not being able to solve this issue. I changed the bump map from the grasy water to a perlin nois and did the change to appear that the water is falling down... But now I get this semi white plane!

Does any one know what im doing wrong?

Thanks for any response.
Attachments
talvez.jpg
<<

tridem

KT-Master

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:41 am

rendering a waterfall is definitely a hard task.. :-? I think you need to add details also in the model, in the bottom part there should be more thickness and irregularity in the shape. As for the semi-white plane... using a real background (spherical map) should improve a lot

Return to Tips and Tricks