[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Keyboard Render - how to
This forum board is in read-only mode.
FAQ  •  Login

Keyboard Render - how to

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

Deborah

Post Wed May 07, 2008 8:58 am

Keyboard Render - how to

<<

sintra

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed May 07, 2008 9:29 am

Kind regards

Darren

Sketchup6 & Kerkythea
Dell Precison M90 notebook, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33 Ghz, 4Gb of Ram, nVidia Quadro FX 2500M

http://www.flickr.com/photos/darrengoodwin/show/
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed May 07, 2008 3:37 pm

I would try some of the great HDR images to light my scene, and render with a higher PM+FG setting... should render quite quickly...
here's Alex's he posted
Jon, Rayman, and Rafa have also given some great HDR images on here
also, I created some globals you can download from our website that automatically load the HDR perfectly for you. ;)

Here's the for SU and KT thread.

Here's he created - try them!

a good thread about rendering a product

other studio lighting threads of interest:

http://www.kerkythea.net/phpBB2/viewtop ... udio#33342

http://www.kerkythea.net/phpBB2/viewtop ... udio#33341

<<

Deborah

Post Thu May 08, 2008 9:42 am

Attachments
Asus KT Render 3.jpg
Asus KT Setup 1.jpg
Asus KT Setup 2.jpg
<<

sintra

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu May 08, 2008 9:53 am

Attachments
ScreenHunter_01 May. 08 10.54.jpg
Kind regards

Darren

Sketchup6 & Kerkythea
Dell Precison M90 notebook, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33 Ghz, 4Gb of Ram, nVidia Quadro FX 2500M

<<

Deborah

Post Thu May 08, 2008 10:10 am

<<

Deborah

Post Thu May 08, 2008 10:19 am

<<

Deborah

Post Thu May 08, 2008 1:01 pm

Hello Darren

Yes it's me again :roll:
I've given your suggestions a go, but still have the same problem (ie the details and icons on the keyboard get 'washed out'). Please can I take up your option of you having a go at rendering it ? - I would be very interested to see where I am going wrong, since I'm now using the pro studios I downloaded from Fletch's post.

Thank you in advance
Deborah

The zipped XML file is too big to upload, please follow the link to access it:

<<

sintra

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu May 08, 2008 3:14 pm

I will try and give it some time this evening :wink:
Kind regards

Darren

Sketchup6 & Kerkythea

<<

GreyHead

KT-Explorer

Post Thu May 08, 2008 3:27 pm

Just experimenting, the detail is all there in your set up . . . I suspect some of the lights may be hidden by the baffles though.

The second image is using Alex's studio . . . close up it is clear but if you move further away the contrast is lost a bit.

Bob
Attachments
asus_1.jpg
Deborah's set up
asus_3.jpg
With Alex's studio hdr
<<

sintra

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu May 08, 2008 3:29 pm

One thing i noticed with your model is that the laptop seems to be a bit big, seems to be approx twice the size at moment. Its very important that the scale of your model is the same as it would be in real life for it to render correctly.
Kind regards

Darren

Sketchup6 & Kerkythea

<<

GreyHead

KT-Explorer

Post Thu May 08, 2008 4:06 pm

I found that your emitters aren't emitting. I applied the C North Daylight Illuminant to the 'Emiter' material and the render looks better.

Bob

PS I hadn't noticed the scaling. I have grouped and re-scaled the Asus in KT - done by eye to roughly 1/4 of a metre.

PPS The bitmaps for the screen image and the logo aren't in the upload package - hence the black screen.

PPPS I have no idea why some keys look different . . .
Attachments
asus_4a.jpg
Deborah's set up with emitters on.
<<

patricks

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu May 08, 2008 4:43 pm

Hi everybody

i also made a quick test on the scene and there are some problems related with the object itself ....... first of all like GreyHead have pointed out , there are some keys rendering different ...... this is because the model got some faces ( normals) pointing in the wrong direction making correct material rendering impossible ( all faces (normals) have to point outwards ) ..... another thing about the contrast .... if you only apply diffuse color to your material , you will have low contrast ... but if you apply a correct material ( in this case a basic plastic material ) the contrast will be correct ..... have a look here for basic materials
http://www.kerkythea.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5094

also make sure that your smoothing angle for the faces is abound 30 or 35 degree . Maybe you want to lower the exposure from 1.000 to 0.90 :wink: ..... everything else was already posted by other above

Greetings Patrick ( see how the faces that are reversed are rendering wrong .... make sure they point in the correct direction ( outwards) )
Attachments
temp_mlt.jpg
<<

GreyHead

KT-Explorer

Post Thu May 08, 2008 5:35 pm

Attachments
asus_4b.jpg
<<

Deborah

Post Fri May 09, 2008 8:48 am

Thanks everyone for giving this attention and experimentation.

I will digest the suggestions and try different things. Strangely I have done a lot of face reversing and re-reversing as some renderings make different faces look like they are not reversed at different times. I am considering going into the original drawing now and push pulling some of the letterings and icons on the keyboard to stand proud of the faces to see if they then render better (not so that it's noticeable though just a bit of a cheat). Many of them are bespoke and perhaps faulty in some way, although I'm a bit baffled as to why at the present. Will see and will post the results.

Apart from changing the materials to plastics, the emitter fault GreyHead noticed, the scaling issue and the render at #08 please let me know if there were any other presets in the settings and scene set up which were changed which made your renders so sharp.

Kind regards
Deborah
Next

Return to Tips and Tricks