[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - How to put a shine on wood and tiles imported from SU
This forum board is in read-only mode.
FAQ  •  Login

How to put a shine on wood and tiles imported from SU

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

Deborah

Post Thu May 22, 2008 11:02 am

How to put a shine on wood and tiles imported from SU

<<

dentex

KT-Master

Post Thu May 22, 2008 12:17 pm

If I've understood you have a wood or tile texture and want to make a material that is reflective.
Try tweaking a plastic material from the packs provided here. Choose one that reproduce the level of reflection your looking for.
Then, in the 1st layer, delete the solid color in the diffuse channel and add your texture.
It should work.

PS: would be fine to add a (specular) texture also in the 2nd layer and, eventually, another one in the bump or normal channel, for a better looking.
dentex
<<

Didec

KT-Explorer

Post Thu May 22, 2008 12:32 pm

wrong post lol :P
Last edited by Didec on Thu May 22, 2008 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Deborah

Post Thu May 22, 2008 12:32 pm

Reflective material

Thank you Dentex for coming back so swiftly - I was held up by my problem which you interpreted correctly. Will now go and try your suggestion. :D

Kind regards
Deborah

P.S. Enjoyed looking at your gallery - impressive stuff!

Thanks Didec too, you were posting the same time as i was replying to Dentex. Useful feedback for me to try. since I am still new to KT and becoming obsessed! :x
Last edited by Deborah on Thu May 22, 2008 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Didec

KT-Explorer

Post Thu May 22, 2008 12:34 pm

Hy,
I think it's best to add a wood material from the download section and apply your sketchup texture in the diffuse slot. (Though I personally think the sketchup textures are way too low resolution :? )

If you need very quick results you can just change the specular and reflection values in the material editor. Buth this method is not accurate or real.
The first image is the imported sketchup material.
The second is with the 2 changed values.

Buth again, I suggest to download the wood materials from the repository. :D

Succes
DIDEC
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
<<

dentex

KT-Master

Post Thu May 22, 2008 1:08 pm

dentex
<<

sintra

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu May 22, 2008 1:45 pm

Attachments
figure 1.jpg
figure 2.jpg
figure 3.jpg
Kind regards

Darren

Sketchup6 & Kerkythea
Dell Precison M90 notebook, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33 Ghz, 4Gb of Ram, nVidia Quadro FX 2500M

http://www.flickr.com/photos/darrengoodwin/show/
<<

sintra

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu May 22, 2008 1:47 pm

Attachments
figure 4.jpg
figure 5.jpg
Kind regards

Darren

Sketchup6 & Kerkythea
Dell Precison M90 notebook, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33 Ghz, 4Gb of Ram, nVidia Quadro FX 2500M

http://www.flickr.com/photos/darrengoodwin/show/
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu May 22, 2008 3:25 pm

You can use new basic material as a base, change diffuse colour to suitable bitmap and add bump.
http://www.kerkythea.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5094
<<

Deborah

Post Fri May 23, 2008 10:29 am

Hi Darren

I followed the steps and voila, although my scene is currently rendering at 08 photon mapping fine, I saw from a quick render that the desired effect is happening: man, it's a good feeling :D (Actually I see it's all in the Getting Started Manual which I should have remembered from my reading :oops: but sometimes we slower ones need an extra prod!)

Could you please clarify something for me: when you have edited materials, are sending to render and accept the changes as permanent it is only whilst in KT and are refining your renderering that the changes are permanent? So if you go back into SU to make a major change to your scene and then back into KT you have to go through the whole editing materials process again before rendering. IOW can't you keep various of your previously edited materials permanently permanent? It's very tedious having to go through the whole lot again. Sorry, is that clear as mud? :roll:

Thanks for your kind assistance (and everyone else's considered responses)

Deborah
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri May 23, 2008 11:20 am

<<

Frederik

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri May 23, 2008 3:50 pm

Cheers
Kim Frederik

“…When a decision is made it’s important that you implement it quickly.”
<<

Deborah

Post Sat May 24, 2008 1:20 pm

Thanks Notareal and Kim , that will save a whole bunch of time.

Cheers
Deborah :D
<<

LAPX

KT-Master

Post Sat May 24, 2008 1:48 pm

Will it be possible in future to apply material to matching names all at once? I think now you have to do it one by one,right so if you have 30 materials ypu with have to hit apply button 30 times :(

Return to Tips and Tricks