[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Curved Grass?
This forum board is in read-only mode.
FAQ  •  Login

Curved Grass?

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

mwArch

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:45 pm

Curved Grass?

I did a search, but was not able to find anything on this topic so hopefuly i am not repeating here...

I was wondering if anyone knew of a method to instance brush the grass models that "cut" the square instance to form to the curve of a driveway so that the driveway can appear at the correct hieght with the grass growing taller than the driveway height. If i lower my driveway "into" the grass i see the blades of grass coming through my driveway material.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to work around this?
The man who has no imagination, has no wings.
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:50 pm

when you are modeling, don't run your driveway surface over the top of your grass surface. stop your grass surface where you want to paint it with instances...

or

paint the grass in by hand and use a very small brush and a single instance of the grass plane.

<<

mwArch

Post Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:49 am

<<

mwArch

Post Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:46 pm

To try and clarify what it is i am asking, i decided to upload some diagramatic SU images.

Essentialy i would love to find a way to have the square grass models be "cut" along the path line as shown in the uploaded images.
Attachments
Grass3.jpg
This is essentialy what is happening, either the grass square is overlapping onto the path or not covering the path at all.
Grass4.jpg
This is essentialy the image i am looking to create, having the grass square model be &quot;cut&quot; along the path line
<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:24 am

Fanners \:D/
_______
<<

mwArch

Post Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:04 pm

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:12 pm

for detailed work at edges of things I paint with the single blade of grass as my instanced model. for larger expanses of area, I use the larger 5 or 10 foot square patches of grass.

<<

mwArch

Post Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:37 pm

Thank you very much for your response Fletch, that is the solution i had come up with over the last few days as well, so i appreciate your response very much.

I guess i was hoping there was a way to have the grass model automatically clipped if it ran past the designated surface plane defined in the instancing brush palette. easy enough to work around.

This is such a great program an am very excited to try new things every day to see where i can take it.
<<

patricks

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:16 am

Hi everybody

i did not work that much with instance brush ... but if i am not mistaken , you can assign a black/white bitmap texture to the surface you want to populate and depending on the black and white areas of the bitmap , the surface will get populated ....... ( after the population you could assign a grass bitmap or any other texture to the "canvas" surface )

as i am not 100% sure , Fletch could you verify this ?

Greetings Patrick
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:18 am

<<

patricks

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:11 pm

Return to Tips and Tricks