[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Questions about making a pool (noobish)
This forum board is in read-only mode.
FAQ  •  Login

Questions about making a pool (noobish)

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

404erased

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:01 pm

Questions about making a pool (noobish)

I was wondering.. If I make a pool out of say an open ended cube.. would I make the water part a cube inside that cube, or could I get away with just putting a plane as the surface of the water? Would the later make realistic refraction? Also.. if I did the water as a cube inside an open ended cube, would the surface texture of the water that's against the sides of the pool automatically form to the surface texture of the side of the pool? If not.. how would I do this?

Here's a pic of the pool form.

Ps.. this is just fro future reference.
Attachments
pool.jpg
pool
I'm not erased.. this is my sn
<<

StarWarsKnower

KT-Warrior

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:55 pm

Hi, and welcome to the forums. A single plane would be fine for the water. You can download some great water textures from the KT downloads section, or http://www.kerkythea.net/joomla/index.p ... info&id=86 .
Hope this helped.
Mike

I'm still new to Kerkythea, so don't trust my advise completely without asking someone else :P
<<

Quniac

KT-Warrior

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:52 pm

And if you would want to make it a cube anyway, you can solve the problem of interferencing textures with giving your wall a thickness...

but a single plane should do... still doesn't hurt to give your wall a thickness though :)
--- Jos ---
<<

404erased

Post Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:10 am

I'm not erased.. this is my sn
<<

Quniac

KT-Warrior

Post Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:45 am

yes, that's what I meant..., didn't see it from the render.. sorry
--- Jos ---
<<