[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - RC3-test-report: using a scene from March done in KT2007
This forum board is in read-only mode.
FAQ  •  Login

RC3-test-report: using a scene from March done in KT2007

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

manandmouse

KT-Explorer

Post Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:54 am

RC3-test-report: using a scene from March done in KT2007

System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2
Intel(R) - Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
Kloksnelheid: 2.99 GHz, 512 MB RAM-geheugen

A RC3-test: using (and reproducing) a scene from March done in KT2007.
The KT2007-render is at:
http://www.kerkythea.net/phpBB2/viewtop ... 9394#19394

The differences are huge! Overexposed and blurred render
-maybe it is because of the Camera
(thin lens: 0.240 1.410 and spherical projection)

I did a second render with another (default) camera and other rendersettings:
(set 05:Underexposed, too yellowish and missing reflections)
And a third with renderset 08:gives a bit better exposure but still the reflections are missing.

Attachments
KT2008compared2KT2007_2_other camera.jpg
The third comparisionrender
New+Old: using rendersetting 08.
Gives a bit better exposure but still the reflections are missing.
KT2008compared2KT2007_1strender.jpg
The first render
New+Old:Overexposed and blurred;
might be due to the Camera
(thin lens: 0.240 1.410 and spherical projection)
try out all the buttons, observe and hope to learn
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:27 pm

hi M&M, just checking to see if ?

<<

manandmouse

KT-Explorer

Post Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:03 pm

Attachments
hemiversion_KT2007.jpg
hemiversion_KT2008_RC3.jpg
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:10 pm

<<

manandmouse

KT-Explorer

Post Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:53 pm

Attachments
2007vs2008RC3.jpg
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:14 pm

<<

manandmouse

KT-Explorer

Post Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:20 pm

Sorry notareal,
but here you seem to have notareal(istic) pov.

I started this thread to report results from a compatibility-test.
There are 3 issues:
-camera
-materials
-overexposure and colorshift towards yellow
I think I stated that camera is a minor one (but it is an issue)
Overexposure and colorshift are also considered "minor" issues for the moment IMHO.

But loss of reflectivity from a scene that renders perfect in KT2007
but not in KT2008RC3 does not seem minor.

I am sorry to have gotten mislaid and a tad off topic by your earlier question.
It landed us "besides" the issues at hand.

I can only observe there is a serious incompatability issue between the two versions.
(Now isnt that what testing is much about :idea: ?)

Mind you, I surely appreciate your sincere involvement in this,
but I also hope that I am not alone in regarding that this issue should be looked into.
<<

patricks

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:48 pm

Hi manandmouse

could you please post the xml file with all the textures of one of the scene where you have the "no reflection " issue and/or over exposure ...etc.
it is important for us to test it and see where the problems com from

i think that it has something to do with Ton mapping or Brightness threshold and "old" render settings .... but of cause i need to see the xml file .

Greetings Patrick
<<

manandmouse

KT-Explorer

Post Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:47 pm

Hello Patrick,

Thanks for hopping in.
I kept on researching of course, latest finds are: not all reflections are gone,
but most probably a "tonemapping"-issue as you suggest.
Overexposure..
oth81test.zip is too big :oops:
got message:
"The Attachment is too big.
Max Size: 256 KB"

So just latest finds-screenshot.

I have just send you the link at TurboUpload by email (if your email-adress hasnt changed)

Thanks
Attachments
Klembord01.jpg
Left is as freshly rendered in RC3 Right is a freshKT2007-render. Camera is corrected to default.
<<

patricks

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:51 pm

Hi manandmouse

thanks for the file :wink:

i have find the problem and as i thought, it has to do with Ton mapping .
right now to solve your problem , just turn of "Revers Correction" in the Render Image window ( there where you have the ton map options )

this has to do with the new way KT RC3 handles ton mapping .... and your scene dont uses revers gamma correction ..... so i suggest for all old scenes that uses ton map options other then simple gamma correction , should turn of "Revers Correction" ( for the moment ......because i think i know a workaround or a deffenetly fix for this situation :wink: )

it also has to do with the way you have created your materials

can i send this scene to Giannis ? i think it is important for him to be able to find a implementation that takes this kind of material creation in to account ......

Greetings Patrick
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:21 am

<<

manandmouse

KT-Explorer

Post Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:11 pm

Return to RC Testing