[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Material Editor wishes
This forum board is in read-only mode.
FAQ  •  Login

Material Editor wishes

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

patricks

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:01 pm

<<

ozylot

KT-Master

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:26 pm

- Ozy -
Windows XP Home, Intel P4 1.72Ghz, 1.5Gb Ram.
<<

patricks

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:38 pm

<<

ozylot

KT-Master

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:52 pm

Oh, ok... thanx again.
- Ozy -
<<

dsarchs

KT-Explorer

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:29 pm

I know that you can expand the groups [+] and assign materials but here is the issue:

I'm currently working on an imported 3ds file [from the living room competition] and when I apply materials from that list it sometimes applies the material to everything even when nothing else is selected -- I've never had this happen before.
To get around this I have to go into the material editor and use the apply-left feature after editing them in the library.
It is in this material editor that the groups show up as a single material with no way that I can find to open them up further.

As far as the thumbnails, I mean when you are browsing for a bitmap to add, it just shows a list [such as maple1.jpg] -- I would love to see a thumbnail to know what I'm selecting.
XP SP2, Core 2 duo @ 2.13GHz, 2 GB ram --
<<

ToMasz

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:46 pm

Un-checking small button at the left saying 'Apply to all same materials' should help.. Am I right.
<<

patricks

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:48 pm

i am not sure if i understand you right .... but are you talking about a grouped objects ? .... if so , you can right click on the group and select ungroup ...... now you should be able to assign materials to the individual objects of the group

if this is not your problem , then maybe you have in the Material editor under the Material preview render the option " apply to same name Materials " selected

anyway could you post the link to the 3ds scene ... so i could have a look at it

Greetings Patrick
<<

dsarchs

KT-Explorer

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:08 pm

Here's the link to the 3ds file [competition].

http://www.3dallusions.com/forums/desig ... o-2-a.html

The xml I'm working on would be too big, probably to share here. The file imports at a very small size and with a ton of materials [each button is an individual material, for example].

The problem with ungrouping everything to apply materials is that you lose the groups and in this case they are very useful for navigating the model.
Attachments
groups.jpg
XP SP2, Core 2 duo @ 2.13GHz, 2 GB ram --
<<

ozylot

KT-Master

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:36 pm

I think part of the problem is that there are at least 3 or 4 different ways to apply a saved material to an object, but only some ways work when doing so on a grouped object.
- Ozy -
<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:31 pm

Model list & material list are two different things. Material list does not support tree hierarchies. So, it's not a bug... perhaps a missing expectation.
Fletch has reported this numerous times, but there was not an easy way making it work.
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:40 pm

Attachments
material_to_group.jpg
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:10 pm

I do as notareal does.

To edit a mat in a group, right click in the list and choose edit material. then save it inside the mat editor using the little arrow pointing into the cardboard box symbol button (pretty technical name for, I know! ;) )

then it will be saved to whichever library you save it to (I usually send it to a lib. I created called 0_Temp or A_Temp) then I can easily get at it.

Then I do as notareal showed and apply it to any other object in the group I want that material to apply to.

Previous

Return to RC Testing