[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - IES data Sheet
This forum board is in read-only mode.
FAQ  •  Login

IES data Sheet

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:37 am

<<

jenujacob

KT-Explorer

Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:42 am

okay.. it seems i am most busiest during saturdays and sundays now! LOL ;)

anyways heres another preview..
only comments here are that the IES used here is 1.ies and since the KT IES light pack does not contain a sconce light (which has light falling on both sides) i used another IES for it. its just for illustrating the position rite now... when the sheet is made it will be replaced with the same IES as used for the other fixtures.
also i changed the colour of the fixtures becoz while using some lights certain fixtures (especially the desklight fixture) seems to be indistinguishable.
Attachments
ies light scene.jpg
all lights other than sconce are 1.ies

Intel Q6600 Core2Quad 2.4 Ghz
3 Gb Ram, GeForce 8800 GTX,
WinXP Sp2
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:11 am

excellent jj ;)
sigh... hopefully I will stop with my mods, but there's we use ALL THE TIME... and it's not represented in our scene...
so... at work I know I have one modeled, and can update/send Skippy for it... if needed. but the IES files are too... and I want to create some models for our firm to just 'pop in'... this will probably be the first or second model I do for us.

Not exactly sure how I'd model it for this room... it's getting crowded. :D

ps - I noticed the prob. you did about the desklamp disappearing... but was not too worried. I liked the fixtures white, but am ok with them black too... except when they were white they reflected a lot more light (for instance the can light look actually 'lit' with the IES inside it more-so when it was white than now... but not sure what to do about it. I like the black... what do you think about 50% gray?

<<

jenujacob

KT-Explorer

Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:09 am

yup fletch.. thats one major fixture we miss in our lil scene here...
i did a test here...
i replaced our cove light IES to a rectangular mesh IES.. the material in basic material pack...
the render time shot thru the rooof!!! 3 mins and up... in PM+FG med + AA 0.3 on my single core machine... (i am back in india rem!)

any way to optimize them???
Attachments
ies mesh scene.jpg
using 15.ies

Intel Q6600 Core2Quad 2.4 Ghz
3 Gb Ram, GeForce 8800 GTX,
WinXP Sp2
<<

patricks

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:31 am

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:31 am

<<

patricks

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:13 am

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:39 am

<<

patricks

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:54 am

Hi Fletch

yes i think that trying to recreate materials as close as possible to the real thing will always be better and in the real world there are no 100% reflective white materials ...... but we also have to have in mind that we are "recreating" reality and so we dont need to be so perfect in all cases :-w :lol:
i mean in outdoor scenes for example the problem is not the same because the light that hit a 100% wall will loos its energy much quicker because it is not in a closed room where the rays would bounce around for a longer time ..... and another thing .... nothing "bad" will happen if you want to use 100% white walls in a closed room ... it only will take longer to render ( the example was for the IES light room because everything in the room is 100% white ..... if you have other elements in the room that are darker ( which is the normal case ) the problem is not the same again because the light loose energy much quicker again do to the darker objects ......i hope you can understand me )

the IES light room is a "extreme" case that you would not make if you render a normal interior scene .....

and this is only for 100% white materials ( all other colors have a lower reflectance value)

so you dont have to worry ... the materials can be like they are right now and they dont have to be all at 0.95 ( this only happens in a extreme case where you have a closed room with everything 100% white :wink: )

Greetings Patrick
<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:32 am

Let me speak about this!! :D

If you have materials with luminance over 1 (or even exactly 1!),
you are risking that there is no solution of the rendering equation!
This is because the estimate may become unbounded (infinite)
after several hits on the walls. Of course, all ray tracers tend
to limit the recursion depth and crop paths after some bounces
so you'll never get "infinite" results. BUT! you will get fireflies (for
unbiased methods) and blotches (for photon mapping).

THUS: FOLLOW PATRICK's SUGGESTION. Do never use mats
with high brightness. Not only they are physically incorrect but
you give passage to fireflies & blotches entering the render.

Regarding KT handling of this: I started somewhere around mid-2007
to code a dynamic cropping mechanism to reduce overall reflectance
to something like 0.96-0.98. But i was overwhelmed when reached
the layered materials and dropped it at that time. This is DEFINITELY
a task that i will pursue right after KT2008 release. For the time being,
avoid using colors summing up over 0.98-0.99.

greetings
giannis
<<

ToMasz

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:22 pm

<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:26 pm

<<