[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Network rendering
This forum board is in read-only mode.
FAQ  •  Login

Network rendering

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:50 am

<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:41 pm

I might have found a net rendering issue.
Setup
Rendering with MLT/BPT
Server: Windows XP
Clients:
#0 Windows XP
#1 Windows server 2003 R2 x64
#2 Windows Server 2003 (32 bit)

Client at Windows server 2003 R2 x64 seems to connect, but never contributes.
Attachments
RC7.1_NET.jpg
<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:53 pm

i think i have solved another issue regarding sending unbiased image
over net.

i am sorry that i torture you like this, but i had this stupid idea to
build the networking from my own source code instead of trying
some other library. Well, the latter was not that easy either and
i wanted cross-platformness :)

anyway, i will try to make an update for win/mac within the next
hours...
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:31 pm

<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:48 pm

just uploaded RC7.5 (check the sticky post on this forum).

Please try network rendering with RC7.5 since it should be fixed ;)
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:29 am

<<

ozylot

KT-Master

Post Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:29 am

Excuse me if this was answered before, but how does one set up a network render?

I tried the way I thought it would work, but each computer just rendered on its own.
- Ozy -
Windows XP Home, Intel P4 1.72Ghz, 1.5Gb Ram.
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:44 am

you must have 2 machines or more on the same network.
save your scene when it's read to render...
put exact same scene and copy of KT on all networked machines you plan to use.
start the scene on your 'main' machine... but under networking pulldown in the render settings choose it as 'server'.
start the exact same scene rendering with exact same settings (unbiased settings, or animated cameras only) on the other machine(s)
under the network settings in the render dialog choose 'client'

now there are numbers like this... 123.456.7.89:6200
You need to figure out the IP address for your Server 'main' machine, and replace the numbers for the dummy IP address with the correct IP address so it will read something like 987.654.3.21:6200
leave the 6200 alone, this is the server port.
hit 'start' on the client, it should contribute to the rendering.

if you are trying this with an animated cam, the render dialog will pop up asking you where to save the image(s)... be wise and put them in a 'clean and empty brand new' folder... this way all the images will be easy to open with your program you will use to piece together your video.... I like Virtual Dub for quick and dirty test animations (you tell it to open the first numbered image, and it will load them all ready to play for you). I use Premiere for my 'big' animations.

if you don't know how to find out the IP address for your server, and it's a windows machine, open the command prompt and type 'IPconfig'... I think that's the command.. .and it will return your IP address for you.

Start button>choose "Run">type "CMD" hit enter>type "IPconfig"

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:54 am

There's no 'Report Bugs Here' section for RC7.5
I am reporting that PORTALS WORKS GREAT with RC7.5
it increase quality of render by about 10 times!
it increase render time by about 7.23 times! :lol:

I do not think portals was intended to speed up renderings, it's just the general impression from those who use them.

I ran these renders on the exact same settings....
PM+FG low, with AA at Prod. 1, and Brightness Threshold at .1
PM photons = 2000
FG = 150
fuzzy and soft shad = low
Attachments
RC7_portals_2m32s_exp2gam1.jpg
WITH sky portals covering window openings completely.
RC7_NOportals_0m21s_exp2.2gamma1.jpg
WITHOUT sky portals on windows.

<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:45 am

just re-uploaded mac binaries (they were also broken).

any chance to see a cross-platform unbiased net render? it works
for me but i have just 2 machines... :roll:
<<

jiii

KT-Senior

Post Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:29 am

Still client crash when it starts sending picture to server.
This happends only with bigger images (i tested on resolution 1280x1024)
<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:11 pm

This is weird. Because i completely removed client extra needs
for memory... i tested unbiased net render between my winxp
(server/2Gb) and my macmini (client/1Gb) and they were
running without any problem.

Janne, are you sure that you used both proper updated binaries
for winxp & mac???
<<

jiii

KT-Senior

Post Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:36 pm

I'm pretty sure i used newest binaries but I'll do more testing later this evening.
<<

ozylot

KT-Master

Post Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:39 pm

Thanx for explaining that Fletch, I too will make another attempt later.
- Ozy -
Windows XP Home, Intel P4 1.72Ghz, 1.5Gb Ram.
<<

jiii

KT-Senior

Post Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:11 pm

I did more testing with rc 7.5

when renderin 500x500 pixel picture everything works fine

when rendering bigger image (1024x768 and 1280x1024) kt render just fine but when client starts sending picture to server it crash after few seconds
PreviousNext

Return to RC Testing