[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - png alpha auto-recognition BROKEN?!
This forum board is in read-only mode.
FAQ  •  Login

png alpha auto-recognition BROKEN?!

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:54 am

png alpha auto-recognition BROKEN?!

I haven't gotten this to work, but some of you had, Kim? Dan?

So please, tell me how to get KT to automatically recognize the alpha mask of my .png.

Thanks

<<

Dan

KT-GrandMaster

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:01 am

It seems you're right, Fletch :oops:
Automatic recognition of alpha channel for both .png and .tiff doesn't seem to work with actual release.
Regards!
Dan
ArchiCAD // SketchUp // Kerkythea
Intel Core 2 Duo E 6400 @ 2,13 Ghz // NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT // 4 Gb RAM // Win XP SP2
<<

Frederik

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:27 am

Sure the alpha-channel works... ;)
No problemas...!! :D

I just made the attached using ver. 2.0.5... ;)
Attachments
AlphaMap.jpg
Cheers
Kim Frederik

“…When a decision is made it’s important that you implement it quickly.”
<<

Dan

KT-GrandMaster

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:45 am

For a moment I was tempted to believe I discovered the cause: although SU (it's a SU model I exported to KT) uses my .png file as material, SU2KT exports a .jpg version of the .png image as texture... :roll: and I wondered why the "Use Alpha" option is absent :oops:
But even after changing the material in KT to point to the .png image, the renderer still doesn't recognize the alpha channel... and I used all the possible combinations of options (use and not use the alpha channel, invert, etc.)... nada.
Really frustrating :(
Anyone else?
Regards!
Dan
Intel Core 2 Duo E 6400 @ 2,13 Ghz // NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT // 4 Gb RAM // Win XP SP2
<<

Frederik

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:50 am

Can you post the png file you've tried to use..??

It works for me all the time if the png- or tif-file have an alpha-channel... :?
Cheers
Kim Frederik

<<

Dan

KT-GrandMaster

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:59 am

Frederik!

As far as I know, using an alpha channel .png image in the diffuse channel doesn't need a clip map mask :oops:
Even so, I added the same .png image as a clipping mask and I still had no success :oops:
Any idea about this?
Regards!
Dan
<<

Frederik

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:06 am

Nope...
Could you please post the png-file, then I can take a look at it..?? ;)
Cheers
Kim Frederik

<<

Dan

KT-GrandMaster

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:42 am

Regards!
Dan
<<

Frederik

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:49 am

It's great that it worked for you..!! :D
Cheers
Kim Frederik

<<

Dan

KT-GrandMaster

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:49 am

Sorry, Frederik, I still want a second "diagnostic" on the matter :D

BTW, I tried to post the .png file here, though, but that's a 3,6 Mb file... :oops:
Regards!
Dan
<<

Frederik

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:57 am

Can you upload it to somewhere..??
Cheers
Kim Frederik

<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:08 am

<<

Dan

KT-GrandMaster

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:21 am

Thanks for the head up, Giannis!
Was it always like that? I used this very often with the 2008 release(s) and, sincerely, I can not remember of using the .png or .tiff itself as a clipping mask. But at my age, I can be excused for forgetting even more important things, like taking my every day heart medication... :D

BTW, Frederik, here's the file:
http://www.2shared.com/file/2826648/61b ... ac_15.html
Regards!
Dan
<<

clipi

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:45 am

Hello Dan
Sorry for interrupting, I just need your advise on Archicad. Are you rendering your Achicad models with KT? how do you export? 3ds OBJ? I had some issue with it. Please get in touch with me clipi@telefonica.net
Thanks.
<<

Frederik

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:07 pm

I have absolutely no problems with this file, Dan... ;)
It works perfect... :D
If you do the steps I showed above, it works perfect..!! ;)
Cheers
Kim Frederik

Next

Return to RC Testing