[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Wings3D plugin
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Wings3D plugin

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

Avariant

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:49 pm

Wings3D plugin

now has it's own section here. :lol:

I've made a Kerkythea export / render plugin for Wings3D. You can find it on my

For those of you who don't know Wings, its a subdivision modeler with an amazingly simple interface. It has it's limitation of course, but it's very easy to use, and has a great tool set.

Of specific note, the materials dialog has very few additional controls. Instead, I've provided 'presets' that act as a template using the various Wings3D colors and settings. You will find the oh-so-useful Plastic, along with several glass and metal settings. I've tried very hard to follow the dictates of the KT Materials Guide to provide photorealistic materials. There is a help button that explains how the Wings3D settings are mapped to KT settings and what, if any, are ignored.

Please feel free to offer your input and suggestions on the plugin.

PS: If you've never installed a Wings plugin before, copy the files from the download (wpc_kerky.beam) to the plugins/import_export folder (probably something like C:\Program Files\wings3d_0.98.36\lib\wings-0.98.36\plugins\import_export).

PPS: If this is bringing Wings to your attention for the first time, do yourself a favor and download the Development Release, NOT the Stable Release. The Dev Rel is actually much better and more stable at this point. Plus the KT plugin may not work for the Stable Release.
<<

ToMasz

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:34 pm

I am glad to see new plugin. Now Wings3D has its own section.
Good luck
Tomasz
<<

Avariant

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:38 pm

Awesome! 8)

Thanks ToMasz!
<<

alex

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:52 pm

This is simply great.... THANKS a lot !!!

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
<<

patricks

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:21 pm

Hi Avariant

thank you very much :!: :!: :!: .... this is really great 8)
i hope to see more Wings users around that will provide you with feedback .......

Greetings Patrick
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:31 pm

<<

alex

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:46 pm

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:10 am

Hey, Avariant, this is very cool. Can't wait to check it out first-hand. I have Wings installed and tried for like 5mins to use it, but you know, life takes over. :D

<<

Extremefatalist

KT-GrandMaster

Post Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:35 am

Thanks...

Hey Avariant, I just now became aware of this thread. That is great news indeed. Thanks a lot for this. I use Wings, years now, as my main modeler. It is one of the most intuitive modelers around, even between the commercial ones, despite its not having some essential tools as are the path extrusion ones (but for those kind of shapes someone can use Ppmodeler which owns some very powerful and easy to handle means for acquiring such shapes). Beside, all the existing modern commercial polygon modelers have, in one or the other way, as their inspirational basis Wings, which itself had as such a basis Nendo (and its grand brother the more 'pro' Mirai), a geniusly made old Japanese polygon modeler almost unknown in the West.

At last a specific thread for Wings, here in Kerkythea's forum! It would be a pity not to have it. :D :D :D
<<

ozylot

KT-Master

Post Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:28 pm

Wow!!

happy to say that I am now at home here :lol:
- Ozy -
Windows XP Home, Intel P4 1.72Ghz, 1.5Gb Ram.
<<

Avariant

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:17 pm

I've put a new version on my website:

I've added SSS to the template. You have to enable Volume Lighting in the render dialog which increases the render time ALOT so... well, just so you know.

I added a checkbox to specify background or sky color. Background doesn't effect the lighting in the render, sky does.

And I moved the fixed window size option to the render dialog.
<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:12 pm

<<

Avariant

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:29 pm

New update on the website:
AA is now a menu, along with a threshold slider.

Ambient light now controls the "sky" settings. You can select any of the sky types available in KT. You can set intensity, turbidity if it's a physical sky, or set the image if it's one of the many image types.

NOTE: If there are no lights in a scene, Wings3D always adds a "headlight" from the camera perspective. Ambient lights count as lights, so adding one will prevent the "headlight". If the ambient light is "Background Color" though, it won't shed light on the scene, so your scene will be black. You'll need other lights, or a different sky setting.
<<

SURFiNG

Post Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:24 am

yay, thanksss!!!!
<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:05 am

Fanners \:D/
_______
Next

Return to Wings3D