[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - OBJ and XML alignment.
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

OBJ and XML alignment.

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

ozylot

KT-Master

Post Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:17 am

OBJ and XML alignment.

I freely acknowledge that I maybe using the plugin wrong.

Most of my models have been exported in OBJ format. Through habit, I don't place lights in wings. So for a current project I have used the plugin to export the lights separately from the model (for speed reasons in wings mainly)

I tried the other day to import the mesh ,that the lights go with (in obj format), but the mesh didn't line up with the lights.

Is there any way to have an XML model exported exactly the same as an OBJ model is, with correct orientation and alignment?
- Ozy -
Windows XP Home, Intel P4 1.72Ghz, 1.5Gb Ram.
<<

Avariant

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:29 am

Hey ozylot,

There is always the issue, of course, with Wings axis alignment being different than KT. Wings X-axis is Y, not Z like KT. So I do account for that in exporting. I never noticed until now that the export to KT is 180 degrees rotated around the vertical from the obj export (with swap axis checked).

I assume this is what you mean? I can probably change that. I suppose compatibility with the obj export is a nice to thing have. :)

Edit: I never realized how slow the KT export is compared to obj. It's like 8-9 times slower. Yikes! I'll really try to fix that.
<<

ozylot

KT-Master

Post Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:01 am

Yes... that would be nice(r) :D

I thought the size was off too, but I guess its just the rotation that is the issue. If it could be tweaked that would be cool. Thanx.

Now if we could configure procedurals in wings... J/K :twisted:
- Ozy -
<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:55 am

Fanners \:D/
_______
<<

Avariant

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:43 am

<<

Avariant

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:11 pm

Attachments
wpc_kerky.zip
(25.01 KiB) Downloaded 755 times
<<

dentex

KT-Master

Post Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:27 pm

dentex
<<

dentex

KT-Master

Post Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:04 pm

after a quick test (not on my pc because I'm away) the two exporters took the same time (19 sec) to export .

I will do more tests tomorrow night! :)

ciao!
dentex
<<

Avariant

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:01 pm

Both exporters meaning KT and Obj? If so, sweet!
<<

dentex

KT-Master

Post Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:23 am

That's right! The new kt exporter and the obj one.
The "old" kt exporter took 2' 17 sec !!!
What a great improvement!
Congratulation for the amazing work.
I look forward to try this beauty on my current wip, witch is a bit heavy, once I will be back home tonight.
dentex
<<

Avariant

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:02 pm

Well, I never heard from anyone but dentex, so I went ahead and posted the new exporter. You can download it from my or just from the attachment above.

8 - 10x speed improvement!!! ;)
<<

ozylot

KT-Master

Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:57 pm

sorry mate, forgot to reply here.

Seemed to work ok, no problems. Thanx for the fix.

So what is different in this new one aside from speed?
- Ozy -
<<

Avariant

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:56 pm

The big change besides speed is the change to the coordinate axis to match up with the obj export. I think that's the only big thing.

Return to Wings3D