[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Standard Light Components
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Standard Light Components

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:27 pm

<<

Avariant

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:01 am

I suppose it just depends on the manufacture. I know I've seen a website that paired it's fixtures with corresponding IES files. But then there are some that just deliver all their IES lights in one big zip file, which isn't, as you've said, very helpful. ;)

I'm not an architect, so I honestly don't know what the best resources are for matching fixtures and data files.
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:07 pm

<<

Mickey

KT-Fellow

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:27 am

<<

Michael L

Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:28 pm

Choosing an IES file

Most manufacturers have a cross reference for the model number to the appropriate IES (in spreadsheet form). Some have a photometric guide either on web or in paper catalog. To "browse" for a the effects of a fixture light output, you will find graphical isocandela curves with a grid that show footcandle levels at various distances or mounting heights. For parking lot lighting, there are NEMA distribution curves. Mostly it comes down to getting used to what fixtures create the distribution you need and then narrowing down the choices by trial and error. There are many rules of thumb.
<<

Mickey

KT-Fellow

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:25 am

Very interesting. I read your post, Michael, and this caused me to Google a Lightolier recessed can downlight which had been specified for the room I am trying to model. Lo and behold, there was a "view" link which led to a "download" link which led to an ies file. Thank you! I obviously had not been looking for IES files in the right way.

At this point, I am having many frustrations in trying to get lighting and textures right, to manipulate my file to acheive good results -- I guess I need to keep struggling.

Meanwhile I want to repeat the question to the good Kerky authorities, which I had asked earlier: I see how to change spots to IES fixtures. Now what about pointlights -- can you change a pointlight to an IES fixture by the same method - that is, if you plan to use an IES file, does it matter whether you begin with a spot or a point?

Also -- and apologies if this has been answered many times -- while I know that you can edit many lights at once, it appears to me that you can only change one fixture to IES at a time. Is this true?
<<

Michael L

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:11 am

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:38 am

<<

Michael L

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:07 am

Attachments
afl23-250m.doc
Kim flood light IES file
(71.5 KiB) Downloaded 480 times
<<

Avariant

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:12 pm

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:44 pm

<<

Avariant

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:54 pm

I looked closely at the light and best I can tell, it's just that shape. I don't know if it's mislabled or what, but it's shape is the butterfly shape . As I've said before, find IES viewer. It's a great resource for showing you what shape to expect from the light.
<<

Michael L

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:09 pm

Fletch and Avariant. Many thanks for looking at that file. I will look closely at some IES files in other viewers. Afterall, IES file formats are human createdd. I know now to be careful how I use IES files in KT. Here is a link to the results of a Google search:
<<

jovini

Post Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:43 am

Attachments
KIM-CONVERTED.DOC
(27 KiB) Downloaded 455 times
<<

Lacyt

KT-Senior

Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:28 am

PreviousNext

Return to Plugins