[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Kerkythea Echo Boost (Release Candidate 2.5.2)
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Kerkythea Echo Boost (Release Candidate 2.5.2)

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

cellstorm

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:04 am

Re: Kerkythea Echo Boost (Release Candidate 2.5.2)

I just wanna ask again for a linux version. Is there sth. special which is hindering to build it for linux? Or do you just have not enough time for that? I mean 2008 was written portable, so echo boost should be, too. Or could you at least tell me If there will be linux version of it or have you abandoned it?

Anyways, If the source was available, I could try it for myself...
<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:18 pm

There is nothing special about building the linux version. I am really sorry for the lack of updating the linux/macosx build but the main speed boost was to be observed on windows platform.

best wishes
<<

Echo51

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:37 pm

Have used kerkythea lightly for about half a month, since it was the only render that was free without a ton of anooying limitations. Only downside was that it seems a bit.... old. Mac version runs flawless, so long you always select 1 thread, more crashes it(known bug from what i read here). Windows one works fine. Noticed the other day that this one was being released, and having seen the speed comparison from the guy on the 2nd page, i decided to run some myself.
Not that complex a scene for now since i forgot to upload the newer version of this model before i left class.

Speed comparison:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13348293/echo%2 ... dsheet.png

(tiny update, the multi-threading crash seems to be a hit-n-run issue at best..)
<<

PRSS

KT-Explorer

Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:48 pm

Hello

Materials, Globals, Models etc. cannot be installed from KT echo Boost in Win 7 - 64 bit. It just says it cannot be installed. I installed all these from a pre-installed installation in another Win XP computer and copied them to the Kerkythea folder in the program files. I just could not install them the usual way with .mat.zip files. Is this how these are to be installed in Echo Boost?

With best regards
PRSS
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu May 03, 2012 3:30 pm

obviously a bug.
you found the good work around

<<

billiam

Post Tue May 22, 2012 12:36 am

thanks for the new version Kerkyhtea team, I have been using this program for a few years now with sketchup and it has been amazing!!!

I've come across this new release with the hopes of getting to export direct from revit (i looked a previous thread that mentioned it might happen via .FBX file options)
I don't see . FBX as an import option with boost. :(. has this feature been added?

I'm still very excited about the new speed and 64 bit option!

thanks guys!
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed May 23, 2012 5:16 pm

Unfortunately no .FBX import at the moment.
Thea Render and Kerkythea Rendering System, by Solid Iris Technologies
<<

KT-Fellow

Post Sun May 27, 2012 2:01 pm

hi.thank you for great work!
but i want to report constant subtle difference in gamma of rendered images with 2008 version and new(2.5.2) even settings are 100% same (biased render ph.map+gather)
<<

Mistro

KT-Fellow

Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:44 pm

Been away from my rig for many months and missed this announcement. Just want to make sure I read correctly; Can I just install the new build without uninstalling 2008 version and it updates?

My specs:
Intel Core Quad CPU
Q6600 @ 2.40Ghz 2.39Ghz.
3.25Gb of RAM
Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT 512mb.
Windows XP pro with SP2
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:35 am

<<

Mistro

KT-Fellow

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:29 pm

Thanks for the clarification Fletch. One more question.....would the new install effect the plugin for Sketchup? In other words, is there anything I need to do in regard to Sketchup plugin?
<<

tridem

KT-Master

Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:47 am

The plugin is not affected by the KT version if all the folders (materials, lights) are in the right place.
The first time you launch SU2KT you have to locate the kerkythea exe file. If your new version has the same place you don't need to change anything. If the new version has a different place you should modify the "kt-path.txt" under ..\GoogleSketchup\Plugins
Anyway, this is not strictly necessary, but only if you wish to open KT directly after the export process
<<

billiam

Post Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:25 am

Hey guys,

I supposedly installed kerkythea boost on my laptop (WIndows 7 64 bit OS), but whenever I open up the program it says the version is just Echo. I previously had echo on my computer and figured something was mixing up. I already cleared my Program Files folder with everything kerkythea (although I didn't do a program uninstall since I couldn't find kerkythea on the list), then I downloaded boost and went through the steps, but It still says 'Kerkythea 2008 Echo Edition' on the top left of my window. Is this a glitch and I actually DO have boost? is there anyway to tell?
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:31 am

Thea Render and Kerkythea Rendering System, by Solid Iris Technologies
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:43 pm

yes, the splash screen says 2008 Echo, but the console log will tell you what you are running. Mine says it's the Boost and 64bit version.

PreviousNext

Return to New Versions