FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Kerkythea Echo Boost (Release Candidate 2.5.2)

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

unigami

KT-Warrior

Post Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:58 pm

Re: Kerkythea Echo Boost (Release Candidate 2.5.2)

I'm getting to the point where I'm ready to try Echo Boost, but I'm pretty worried about messing up the set-up I currently have with all of my material libraries and render settings. I've read the entire thread on this topic and this comment by LSQ really sounds like the way to go:

[quote="LSQ"]
INSTALL NOTES:
You can easily run the old and new version side by side without having to install the new version
while at the same time retaining all your settings and libraries. Just rename and drop the boost exe
in your original intall folder and make a new shortcut. The settings in the registry for boost are
written to a different location too. I have not tried the x64 version but I assume this applies regardless.
[/quote]

So, my question is, if I install Echo Boost in a such a way as to not overwrite my existing KT setup, say in a different program folder, and then follow his directions by moving the boost .exe into the original KT program folder (I assume I will have to rename it) and making a new shortcut for Boost, I will be able to run either version depending on which shortcut I use, and the material libraries and render presets will be shared between the programs?

If this works it would be perfect!

My second question is: I've seen a couple comments regarding issues installing material libraries into Echo Boost., for example if I wanted to install a new material that I didn't previously have. I think I'm reading that Echo Boost does not install material libraries and they must therefore be installed in the released version of KT and then copied and pasted into Echo. Is that correct?
<<

tridem

KT-Master

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:16 am

[quote] if I install Echo Boost in a such a way as to not overwrite my existing KT setup, say in a different program folder, and then follow his directions by moving the boost .exe into the original KT program folder (I assume I will have to rename it) and making a new shortcut for Boost, I will be able to run either version depending on which shortcut I use, and the material libraries and render presets will be shared between the programs? [/quote]

Yes that's correct

As for material libraries, not necessarly there are issues, perhaps you can instal new ones without problems. If not, you can instal them by the old version but no need to move the folders since you have the same directories for both the versions.
<<

unigami

KT-Warrior

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:35 pm

Awesome! Thanks...I will try it this weekend and see how it works. If so, I'll put up a step by step procedure for it.
<<

unigami

KT-Warrior

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:49 pm

Help -Some materials and globals are missing

Okay, I've followed all of the helpful instructions for installation and I'm really glad that I made a backup copy before I started this because I'm having some problems!

I'm running Windows 7.
I've installed Echo Boost and installed the copies of my Globals, Models, MaterialEditor, and Render settings as instructed.
It -almost- worked...
Some things are missing from Materials and Globals when I run Echo Boost (in both x32 and x64)

For example in Materials, "Basic Plastics vol2 Patrick Nieborg" and "Basic Glasses" are not showing up.
I copied the entire MaterialEditor file but these items didn't seem to come with it. In fact, I can not see these two items in original Material Library, which is why I suppose they are not appearing in Echo Boost. Are they located somewhere else? I've looked everywhere!

Also, I coped and installed the entire Global file, which brought over my Sphericals, but I can't find where my my HDRI's, Treeline Skies, etc., are located.

I've looked everywhere in the original Kerkythea Rendering System folder and can't seem to find where these items are located. I know they are there somewhere because when I run the old application from this folder everything appears.

Any suggestions?
<<

tridem

KT-Master

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:52 pm

mmm...I'm running windowsXP at office and Vista at home, but both 32bit.
I know with 64bit version there are different paths depending on the software architecture, perhaps the libraries and the exe file are not in the same place?
<<

massimo

KT-Wizard

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:08 pm

Win 7 creates a hidden folder called "VirtualStore". Do a search on your comp.
<<

unigami

KT-Warrior

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:22 pm

[quote="massimo"]Win 7 creates a hidden folder called "VirtualStore". Do a search on your comp.[/quote]

Thank you so much! I found that folder and copied in the missing files from the Material Library and Globals and now I have everything!
THANKS!
<<

rumor2013

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:16 pm

I am a new user of KERKYTHEA and I could use some help... I have just purchased a new machine which has windows 8. I've downloaded the Echo Boost program which also installed the 64bit edition as well.. can I remove one or the other?

the bigger question for me is that the download came with no materials, scenes, etc... how or where can I get these or did I download something wrong? Please help as I am eager to start using this program to its full potential!!

Thanks so much and I look forward to your comments.

Kevin
<<

massimo

KT-Wizard

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:41 pm

You're welcome.:)
<<

unigami

KT-Warrior

Post Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:01 pm

[quote="rumor2013"]I am a new user of KERKYTHEA and I could use some help... I have just purchased a new machine which has windows 8. I've downloaded the Echo Boost program which also installed the 64bit edition as well.. can I remove one or the other?

the bigger question for me is that the download came with no materials, scenes, etc... how or where can I get these or did I download something wrong? Please help as I am eager to start using this program to its full potential!!

Thanks so much and I look forward to your comments.

Kevin[/quote]

Kevin, here is a link to the file repository where you will find many items to download.
http://www.kerkythea.net/joomla/index.p ... &Itemid=43

My understanding is that Kekrythea Echo Boost beta may not be able to install materials. If you can not install materials using Boost in either the 64 or 32 bit application, you may need to install the previous version of Kerkythea and install the materials into that program and then copy them over. I hope this helps!
<<

squibt

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:14 pm

Has anyone figured out how to install 2.5.2 without installing the old version? Materials etc...have an issue with installation...I am new user and found so many issues it makes me cry....

Waaaah...snivel....

Tim
<<

squibt

Post Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:54 am

I figured out what the problem is ....it's permissions in Win7. I DL and installed Echo Boost 2.5.2 by itself (no previous versions)....copied over all the folders that were missing but could not install any of the files....errors saying it could not install them. The solution is to change the permissions on the Kerky folder so the program can write to itself (install the Material files). Or better yet...right click on the Kerky shortcut and Run As Administrator and all the files install no problem.

Tim
<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:20 pm

Well done. Out of curiosity, did you manage to get the file which holds the enlarged library of procedurals to install ?
<<

SerCroJoe

KT-Warrior

Post Sun May 19, 2013 1:39 am

Sorry, but I still don't know how to get Echo Boost (64bit) to load all the same procedurals that older KT did. Can you help?
Thanks.

Joe
Last edited by SerCroJoe on Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Sergio

KT-Explorer

Post Sun May 19, 2013 12:10 pm

I have the same issue, some of them will not load, but you can get some to work . Copy the DLL files to your main KT folder and then edit the kerkythea.ini file with notepad to include the lines in the picture below. Hope it works!
Attachments
procedurals.jpg
procedurals2.jpg
PreviousNext

Return to New Versions