[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Kerkythea 2007 Release (v1.4.1)
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Kerkythea 2007 Release (v1.4.1)

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:56 am

<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:49 am

<<

F.ip2

KT-Senior

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:49 pm

hi

this is a tough call because soon we will also have 3d accelerated VM.
But I am unsure how much they provide the computing power compared
to a native boot into windows.

However with Blender and Yafray for OS X and all my main applications
as well I would very much appreciate KT for OS X as well.
<<

tungee

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:54 pm

yep

<<

antonm

Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:34 pm

<<

rangrstudio

KT-Fellow

Post Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:02 pm

<<

balder

KT-Senior

Post Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:40 am

<<

Pilou

KT-Senior

Post Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:43 pm

What are the differences between Yafray and Kerkythea :?:
Pilou
Is beautiful that please without concept!
<<

F.ip2

KT-Senior

Post Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:16 pm

Ja flame me if you want but:

at the moment I am evaluating a lot of different softwares for my department.

I looked into Indigo and somehow it seemed they offer similar or the same functions.

can anybody of the coders here maybe tell me how KT compares to Indigo?

Claas
--
C l a a s E i c k e K u h n e n
Lecturer - Art Metal - Design
Department of Art and Design
University of Wisconsin-Stout
Menomonie, WI 54751
715 232 5323
<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:15 am

<<

Frederik

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:21 am

Hi F.ip2,

I believe you need to elaborate a bit on this. ;)

Giannis is the only person programming KT. No-one else within the KT Team knows about the programming code.

Do you mean how similar the KT code is compared to Indigo?? :?

Even if Giannis has a version of Indigo, I'm sure he can't answer this question. But if you can arrange the hard-code from Indigo, I'm sure he'll look into it... :lol:

Please bear in mind that KT isn't a big company. KT is a program made by one person. Apart from programming some of the various exporters, we - the KT Team - doesn't do anything other than beta-testing, coming up with ideas that can improve KT, help support here in the Forum and help making some of the documentation.

Please understand that without Giannis Kerkythea wouldn't exist!! :shock: :cry:

Hope this clarifies... ;)

Cheers
Kim Frederik
<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:55 am

<<

F.ip2

KT-Senior

Post Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:31 am

--
C l a a s E i c k e K u h n e n
Lecturer - Art Metal - Design
Department of Art and Design
University of Wisconsin-Stout
Menomonie, WI 54751
715 232 5323
<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:28 am

i am never upset with user requests! ;)

(there was just one case that i was upset regarding forum posts
and you probably remember which one was that!)

we'll be happy to host your videos,
giannis
<<

jrmaximus

KT-Fellow

Post Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:18 pm

I in no way can comment on the coding of different renderers but I can say that if your like me and use a cad program that doesn't have an export plugin for either of Yafray, Indigo or KT, KT is the only one user friendly enough. If someone uses Blender for all there modelling than maybe there's little difference as far as usability.

KT is so user friendly that I just need to export in one of the supported formats, load into KT, apply materials and render. I wanted something to render not something I need to learn coding for and KT is the only one that is good for me.

Thanks for all your hard work Giannis. It's appreciated very much.
PreviousNext

Return to New Versions