[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Kerkythea PreRelease 1.3.03 - Public Beta 1
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Kerkythea PreRelease 1.3.03 - Public Beta 1

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:14 am

Kerkythea PreRelease 1.3.03 - Public Beta 1

hi all,

It seems that the time has come to have all the users helping us back to
make a better renderer. I think it makes sense to have feedback on
serious bugs that could cause a disaster in the release.

So, coming close to 1.3.03, here it goes a public beta that will help us
fine tune the details. Feedback is welcomed but not for wishes - only for
bug fixes (otherwise we would enter in an endless circle).

Here are some of the features:
1. Addition of depth render (1st hit only).
2. Addition of bidirectional path tracer.
[thin lens, cylindrical/spherical cameras, lafortune material not yet supported]
3. Enhanced material library manipulation.
4. Added improved perlin-noise procedural texture.
5. Procedural support of bump mapping, clip mapping.
6. Added normal mapping.
7. Added bevel mapping.
[an innovative feature found only in KT! forget about beveling in the modeler making meshes heavier - do it in the renderer itself!]
8. Material editor procedural texture support.
9. Material editor bitmap/procedural options support.

and including many fixes in compass, intersection core, texture filtering,
thin glass, ward material, obj import and other smaller ones.

The links below point to the direct locations for downloading the betas.
The archives are in zip format, you just have to unzip them and run the
executable found inside.

Windows Version

Linux Version

The official thread for reporting bugs

many thanks!
giannis
<<

[BiG]stoNe

KT-Fellow

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:35 am

thank you very much :D
<<

tango13

KT-Explorer

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:04 am

<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:15 am

<<

tango13

KT-Explorer

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:35 am

<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:11 am

also,

* Silo (sia) 3d format is now supported.
[but not all features of it. For example, "hole" feature is not supported]
[if you find sia keywords where the importer totally fails i would be
happy to at least fix the import procedure, so please send a sample file]

hmm... probably i forgot to mention some other new features as well,
some secret ones :wink:
giannis
<<

Dan

KT-GrandMaster

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:30 am

I can't wait to test it.
Thanks alot, Giannis!

Dan
<<

hommer

KT-Warrior

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:39 am

Now you believe?
<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:06 pm

<<

hommer

KT-Warrior

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:38 pm

Now you believe?
<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:53 pm

by the way, this is something that i forgot to mention, that the original
idea for the bevel mapping came from Dimitri Lalushi.
giannis
<<

Gistman

KT-Explorer

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:29 pm

thank you...

Wow... great .03 so soon... And thank you for all your time and help!

I can't wait to see what's new. I am going to put it to the test right now.

Thanks again.

Aaron
<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:32 pm

Re: thank you...

<<

mateo soletic

KT-Fellow

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:28 pm

Thanks a lot Giannis. I am trying it out at the moment and I have a
first question if anyone can help. I cant seem to find Gregors
Materials library.
Thanks Mateo.
<<

Frederik

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:00 pm

New Beta version.

Hi Giannis - and all,

This is my first post in this forum. (Yes - so far I've only been lurking... :-D )

I'm currently trying the beta version and my first impression is that the outcome is looking more natural (read: Better). Especially the shadows looks more natural.

However, I still get some of the famous "light sports" appearing in various positions in the final image. Not as many as the 02 version - but they're still there.

Another thing - I'm using SketchUp but somehow light seem to be able to appear behind objects. If you like me to I can forward the rendered image, which I've just created.
It's a model of a kitchen and the rendered image looks very impressive especially for a newbie like me! :oops:

P.S. Why don't you post a thread in the SketchUp Forum about this new beta release?? I was almost about to do it, when I realized that you're the one that should do it - and not me! :-)

Kind regards
Kim Frederik

“…When a decision is taken it’s important that you implement it quickly.”
Next

Return to New Versions