After two betas, it's the time i guess for a release! There are still things
to be done but in the rendering software you can't ever reach the limits
So, i think that the new release makes sense for all the users to get
an update with many-many bug fixes, an improved material editor and
bidirectional path tracing as an alternative unbiased rendering method.
I want to thank all the guys that made possible this release with feedback
and help and their decision to invest time in KT.
You can directly download the new release from the following links:
Windows Version (2.5Mb)
Linux Version (4.1Mb)
I would like especially to thank once more all the beta testers, tango13,
Andreas Kreisig and don't forget [Big]stone for its fantastic icon which
is now the KT logo.
PS. The changes log follows:
Version 1.3.03 (13 July 2006)
1. Fixed compass for different global frame setups.
2. Bug fix in intersection core.
3. Bug fixes in direct light estimation.
4. Addition of depth render (1st hit only).
5. Addition of bidirectional path tracer (no support for cylindrical/spherical camera, ward sampling dens?)
6. Enhanced material library manipulation.
7. Added improved perlin-noise procedural texture.
8. Procedural support of bump mapping, clip mapping.
9. Added normal mapping and bevel mapping.
10. Material editor procedural texture support.
11. Material editor bitmap/procedural options support.
12. Fixed texture filtering blurred zone bug. (thanks claudio)
13. Fixed thin glass shader (missing coefficient). (thanks patrick)
14. Fixed ward anisotropic material (failure in tangent extraction).
15. Fixed obj slow reading speed (got rid of error messages stack).
16. Reworked offsets (bug fix) for shadow estimation.
17. Fixed fuzzy reflection/refraction artifacts (buggy shininess recomputation, reusing of old samples).
18. Fixed obj import failure due to names including spaces.
19. Fixed obj import failure for linux distribution (gcc problem?).
20. Implemented sia (Silo) file format support (not all keywords are supported though).
21. Added pseudo-translucencies support in direct light estimator.
22. Added linear lightflow (used only with reverse gamma correction).
23. Fixed image autosave including tone mapping during progressive renders.
24. Command-line support.
25. Various other small fixes.