[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Kerkythea PreRelease v1.3.05 Public Beta 1
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Kerkythea PreRelease v1.3.05 Public Beta 1

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

alex

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:59 pm

I've got a stupid question... When will be Kerkythea new release, with the kerkythea test material scene ??
I've made a search, but didn't find the answer...even if I'm sure that you already answered to someone else !

thanks,

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
<<

alex

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:53 pm

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
<<

Frederik

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:46 pm

Hi Alex,

I had hoped that Giannis was going to reply to this, but now it's weekend, and in addition Giannis is also very busy, so you'll have to be content with my reply. :)

At the moment we - the KT team - is beta testing some new features.
Initially Giannis was aiming at a new release late in October. That was postponed to late November and now we're aiming at late December/early January. :oops:

Giannis want to manage new release before 2007. Next release will most likely be ver. 1.4.01 and it will contain so many improvements and new features. So stay tuned - you won't be disappointed!! :D

At the same time we're working on a new web-site design. The web-address will be www.kerkythea.org (currently pointing at the existing web-site, but in the future it will be on it's own)
The ideal situation will be if we're able to release next version when the new web-site is ready.

Giannis don't want to give just another beta, because the general feeling about betas is that they are intermediate versions. :roll:

We - the KT team - feel confident that you and other users of KT will be speechless with next release if we achieve above goals! :D
Cheers
Kim Frederik

“…When a decision is made it’s important that you implement it quickly.”
<<

alex

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:55 pm

Thanks for this ( very ) complete answer !!! I thinks it's gonna be our christmas present....

thanks,

<<

jenujacob

KT-Explorer

Post Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:13 pm

this christmas and newyear is certainly gonnna rock!!! :D
thanx frederik for the update!! ;)
<<

firkins

KT-Senior

Post Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:59 pm

Mac version

I've heard a mac version is in the works.

Is there any information regarding this project that can be posted?

Please? :?:
<<

alex

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:03 pm

Hi, I only saw a post, saying that Giannis is going to make a mac OSX version ( only compatible with intel processor ).
If there will be one, you will have to wait until the rext K release...then, Giannis will start converting it...it might take around 2 weeks.
Anyway, you should wait until Giannis confirmation to be happy...
cheers,

<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:20 pm

Re: Mac version

<<

alex

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:24 pm

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:00 am

<<

alex

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:39 am

<<

jiii

KT-Senior

Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:25 pm

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:14 am

so, you are telling Giannis that he has no need to develop KT for Mac because a mac user needs only this program that runs Window$ version programs? :o

that may be good news for Mac users and Giannis :lol:

I know that ideally KT for Mac will eventually be necessary, but until then, at least it's available to the Mac user some how.

<<

firkins

KT-Senior

Post Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:36 pm

It is not possible for any mac user to run KT on any mac. First, they must have a machine that is able to run the boot camp system (intel processor) or have MS Virtual PC, which is slow, running in emulation mode. Second, with either method they must buy a copy of the windows OS and install it on their machine, a daunting process for a mac user used to "friendly" and straightforward software. Lastly, they must either reboot in boot camp or run the emulation software, which frankly, I doubt would be usable with the processor requirements of CG rendering.

So, it is not merely a mac user starting up the program, it is a very tedious and expensive process. Hopefully, the OSX upgrade that is coming will make it an easier proposition, but the extra expense remains, and is prohibitive for me in the foreseeable future.

I guess I'll continue to use KT only at work in my "off" time. Sigh...
Michael

MacG4
MacOSX 10.5.1 Leopard
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:44 am

Firkins,
there's a Mac user somewhere on this forum running KT on a Mac somehow...
I read a post from them... I'll try to find it.

PreviousNext

Return to New Versions