[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Kitchen scene
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Kitchen scene

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

Student

KT-Fellow

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:42 am

Kitchen scene

Im new to both kerky and this forum thingy

This is some work for school, any comments
Attachments
88th pass gimp small.jpg
<<

Dspace

KT-GrandMaster

Post Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:28 pm

Re: Kitchen scene

It's looking good. Definetly you have the correct materials. IMO the shadows and light fixtures / settings could be much improved. :)
<<

Student

KT-Fellow

Post Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:55 am

just figured out how to make globals work, and makes the windows look better, youre definitely right about the shadows, although I still think black is too much. (darker grey in 2nd still not black)

any tips for these renders?? -especially any good ideas for the loungers (they are still work in progress & therefore low quality)
Attachments
3rd.jpg
render 3 ps small.jpg
<<

Dspace

KT-GrandMaster

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:19 am

For me the first step to good rendering or lighting is to choose an appropriate global..or hdr. This would set the mood for the pic and then I would add in point light to whatever light fixture I have. About shadows, I have no issues for darker or lighter etc...I was thinking that you should have soft shadows click. I assume you are using some GI setting. But I render only with MLT so I don't choose the shadows settings. Make improvements and post them. I see much similar workflow for now. :P
<<

Student

KT-Fellow

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:38 am

I got some advice from a friend who does this sort of thing for a job (not kerky though) - he must be good cause his advice is...
Attachments
Copy of 6th ps.jpg
<<

Dspace

KT-GrandMaster

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:03 pm

Nice! Good advice i bet. Should try out other presets and shadows issue. :)
<<

Student

KT-Fellow

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:23 pm

when dad upgrades the computer... these things take time (lots) on the dual core... That FYI was medium path tracing-no tweaks and a reasonably high resoloution. one day Ill get arouund to it and cook overnight, any suggestions for the best preset???
<<

Student

KT-Fellow

Post Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:02 am

my latest... a few sloppy bits, will edit them if i can be bothered.
Attachments
final.jpg
<<

Dspace

KT-GrandMaster

Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:34 am

The current preset looks great. Compared to pics before, the shadows are more realistic now. :)
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:01 pm

make sure everything is built to proper real-world dimensions and scale.
there's no way, for instance, that picnic table is properly sized in comparison to the lounge chair or stool inside. :lol:

set sun radius to 10 or 15 or even 20, it should render faster and better quality with most presets.

<<

Student

KT-Fellow

Post Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:33 am

yes, and htats made me ggo and mess up the fence height too.........

I made it in a bit of a rush and didnt think about sizes much...
<<

LapidiusCortez

Post Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:40 am

These are really looking great but as pointed out by Fletch they should match the scales of real life entities with as close approximation as possible. Thinking of trying something like this soon. Figuring out the way to start drawing some kitchen cabinets but out of ideas. :-k
<<

Student

KT-Fellow

Post Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:29 pm

Return to Galleries - Work in Progress