[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - beginner looking for some assistance
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

beginner looking for some assistance

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

EricLy

Post Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:40 pm

beginner looking for some assistance

Sorry if this is not the correct forum, Let me first say that I am not an artist. I am a programmer. I've created a game for windows phone and windows 8 and tried my best at some graphics. I created the models using Sketchup and then imported them into Kerkythea. I basically applied some textures that I could find and rendered using all the default settings. You can find the images in the windows store here . The image came out pretty good but I'm looking for someone to help and maybe tweak the textures and renderings. Please let me know if you are interested in helping.

Thanks,

Eric Lyons
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:08 am

Re: beginner looking for some assistance

Hey, hope you come with an Android version, if so let us know, I'd love to have it! I used to play this at my grandparents' house as a kid.

For these renderings, the most important thing is realistic lighting.
turn off sun
change sky type from physical sky, and make it a Spherical image. Load an HDR image of a photo studio into the spherical sky, or simply set sky type to Sky Color (NOT "Background color") and set sky color to medium grey.

unzip this file, and load one of these light studios into spherical sky image slot, try different images and see which gives the light you like.
http://www.kerkythea.net/cms/resources/ ... Rayman.zip
http://www.kerkythea.net/cms/resources/ ... Rayman.zip

The materials for KT are available here:
http://www.kerkythea.net/cms/index.php/ ... /resources

use a shiny plastic for the dice. when the lighting is right, you will be able to tell in the reflections. Your wood mat looks fine to me.
Attachments
Screenshot.17907.1000000[1].jpg
one of your screenshots

<<

EricLy

Post Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:53 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, I will give them a try. As for the wood texture, it looks a little blurry to me since I'm zoomed in pretty close but it's not too bad. As for the Android version, I'm sure there are plenty of versions of the game by someone else. I still think mine looks the best from all the ones I've seen on Android or iOS.

Thanks again.
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:26 am

Wood texture is indeed a bit blurry, but if you can fix similar but high resolution texture, it's easy to swap textures. Arroway has some nice texture with diffuse, bump and specular maps http://www.arroway-textures.com/catalog_static/8/430 and we have also guide how to use arroway textures (a new wood version) at viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9768
Thea Render and Kerkythea Rendering System, by Solid Iris Technologies

Return to Galleries - Work in Progress