[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - help on pic
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

help on pic

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

speed777777

KT-Fellow

Post Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:46 am

help on pic

hi all

need some input on the attached pic.

10 passes path tracing.

issues i have.

1. light is sun from sketchup, once i added a kerky high res sky the scene went cold, increasing the sun only brightens, does not warm it.
2. x frog grass instanced, but does not look realistic, will make some in blender or sketchup.
3. help on pool water, i have used a glass and added a cyan tint. i tried the kerky water pack, but do not seem to come right with pool water.

anything else you may see. any help appreciated.

shaun
Attachments
1467.jpg
<<

speed777777

KT-Fellow

Post Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:12 am

Re: help on pic

hi all

changed the colour of the sun to a little yellow instead of white, seems to have improved the pic???

shaun
Attachments
1467  y.jpg
<<

tridem

KT-Master

Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:50 am

Surely the second one looks warmer but the shadows are too yellowish. Try to set the saturation of the sun color very low (I guess not more than 3). I would instead correct the color balance in post pro.
That said, I believe the picture looks weird also because the sun position doesn't match properly with the background, and if it's supposed to be a sunny day you should increase even more the intensity since the shadowed areas look too lit
<<

speed777777

KT-Fellow

Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:41 pm

hi Tridem

Thanks for taking the time to look and comments.

1. will do saturation in PS
2. with regards to looking weird, i have now set the sun at 7 am and used a sunrise sky, just not very happy with the way the sky looks. i am using a high res global sky from material library set to hemispherical sky, not sure if this is correct or not.
3. completed the grass and added some trees and flowers.

would appreciate crits and further comments as i have no further ideas to improve this pic.

shaun

also not ecstatic about the stone texture i have got, but cannot seem to find ones that match/work.
Attachments
1467.jpg
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:06 am

please, please, and I beg you please! let the rendering finish! #-o
If it says "anti-aliasing 20%" that means it's not done yet!
If you want a great outdoor rendering, just use Path Tracing Progressive render setting and wait an hour, or all night, depending on the machine you are using. I promise you, Kerkythea can make fantastic renderings, but you need to let it finish. Do color balance in post-pro. Set sun radius to 10.

The Path Tracing Progressive will look good after 150-300 passes, trust me. It doesn't need to finish all 10000 passes. Same with Metropolis Light Transport render setting - this is for interiors, or night scenes with additional lighting. So, use that for those situations. Also, it will look great after 150-300 passes, depending on the machine used.

<<

speed777777

KT-Fellow

Post Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:34 am

Return to Galleries - Work in Progress