[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Bunker, first rendering
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Bunker, first rendering

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

Dams

Post Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:50 am

Bunker, first rendering

Hi,
First of all, I would like to apologise for my spelling mistake...English isn't my mother language.

I've done my very first rendering on Kerkythea... I'm really excited to see what could be done with it, but I have a lot to learn. I've done a basic modelling on Rhino3D (Too basic to never hope having a photostatic image) :) Then exported it into sketchup to be able to use the kerkythea exporter... I found it to be the easier way. Do you know other way to proceed?

I post two images. The first is the rendering I achieved so far. The second one is more what I would like to achieve (quick postproduction on PS).
I have a few specific questions but I'm also open to general comments. :)

hangar_rendu_small.jpg
Raw rendered image
hangar_photoshop_small.jpg
PP rendered image

My first question is: Is it possible to layer a png texture (like the moisture on the wall) on top of the basic concrete texture of my walls? The same for the yellow lines?

The second one would be: How can I achieve a halo effect around the opening? :-k
I like the dramatic effect and it's not absolutely unrealistic to have bur out edges one pics with very high contrast.

Thirdly: How can I soften the edge of the "projected" light. I would love to have soften edges for the green light (a point light) coming from the right.

Finally: I use the MTL rendering method. Is it appropriated for this scene? It was quite long :/

Sorry, it's a lot of questions.

Bye
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:38 am

Re: Bunker, first rendering

<<

Dams

Post Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:29 pm

Re: Bunker, first rendering

ok thanks a lot. :D
As there isn't much I can easily change on this, I will try the layering on an other model.

Best

Return to Galleries - Work in Progress