[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - METROPOLIS LIGHT TRANSPORT _ Lightning issues
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

METROPOLIS LIGHT TRANSPORT _ Lightning issues

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

Lucia_Diana

Post Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:46 pm

METROPOLIS LIGHT TRANSPORT _ Lightning issues

Hi everyone! :D
I'm trying to build a scene but can't solve some issues. Hope someone can help or give some advice! Sure I'm making some inexperienced mistake....
I'm using PhotonMap - Quick method as a preview to set all my preferences, then I'm launching the render with Metropolis Light Trasport method.

I attach some images below.

ISSUE 1.jpg

A: I'd like to obtain a scene of a very bright room, full of sun. Picture 1 contains the wished amount of light, with MLT method (19) after 3 passages. BUT... after a night rendering (130 passages) the scene is all burned!
I reduced the sun multiplier and the white sky color intensity and found a compromise (see picture 4). But the room in general is much more dark :cry: . Is there any method to increase the amount of light in the room, without using a postproduction software? Is there something in global settings panel that could really help? I'm doing some experiments but I can't find any real improvement.

ISSUE 2.jpg

B: Picture 3 and 4 have the same settings! But the "bathroom light" is missing once rendering with MLT method! The glass don't mess with light, because the kitchen led works well... ](*,)
And after 236 passages picture 4 isn't clear. Is that normal? What should I do to help MLT work better?

A million thank-you to anyone can give some advice!! :)

Lucia
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:58 pm

Re: METROPOLIS LIGHT TRANSPORT _ Lightning issues

My guess is that the material blocking the light for the bathroom light in the MLT rendering is set to not cast shadows, so that it works in photon map settings - no material can be set to "not cast shadows" when rendering with MLT.

You should adjust the "Tone Mapping" of the image using the exposure/contrast settings in the Render Dialog Window of Kerkythea - no need for post pro. I like the "Linear" tone mapping algorithm, try increasing the "dark" and lowering the "light". This can only be done during or after rendering. It can't be done if you've already closed the image.

Return to Galleries - Work in Progress