[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Want to learn some stuff on this render
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Want to learn some stuff on this render

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

wro

Post Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:22 am

Want to learn some stuff on this render

Okay, so basiucally this

is my render of work in progress in Twilight
and this:

in Kerkythea.

[url="http://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/kenwood/ka-9150.shtml"]Here[/url] is a photop of the real amp.

The reason, why i switched to twilight for the moment is, that my KKT renders take insanely long (i cry for help in another topic, since i can't figure out why).

Now, i know, that the motive is a little dull, but I am planning to learn a few things here (amongst them will be bump mapping - galvanized aluminium; some basic light emitters as I have a LED and the warm light on trhe VU - meters as well as the behavior of the brushed aluminium on the knobs and sockets).

Now I can't seem to be able to turn emitters on in TL, had better results (any) in KKT, but that aside I am more curious of another issue:

You see on the foto, that knob faces behave like say a bottom of a pan - the reflections are converging towards the middlepoint of the cylinder. Not so on my renderings... how to achieve that effect? The only thing I found is this tutorial:

http://www.evermotion.org/tutorials/sho ... final-sp-1

which is for vray, and I can't achieve a similar effect on KKT or TL... is it due to the fact, that there are no other objects which could be reflected in the fronts of those knobs? I can't make sense of how to translate some of those steps into KKT settings :(

Thanks for any help, please consider, that I have been doing SU and Rendering only for 4 days now, which means talk to me like to a stupid person. But I am willing to learn and to try to solve problems on my own. Your cooperation on this is really much appreciated, as I value your time guys.
<<

Sergio

KT-Explorer

Post Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:14 pm

Re: Want to learn some stuff on this render

Please check this topic as it explains how to create the material for the knobs viewtopic.php?p=52577#52577

Return to Galleries - Work in Progress