[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Classroom Scene from Vizdepot
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Classroom Scene from Vizdepot

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:21 pm

Classroom Scene from Vizdepot

has been a friend of Kerkythea Rendering System for quite some time now. They were very kind in helping us announce our last 2 releases.

If you haven't seen them, please visit them at www.Vizdepot.com

Vizdepot has a fun scene to play w/ KT and lighting a room using only the Sun & Sky.

you DON'T HAVE TO BE a member of Vizdepot you can with all their on (YOU MUST SIGN IN to view their .jpg examples, but I'll post the first one here for you... RENDERED IN MAX AND NOT RENDERED BY ME!)

I have Max at work now... here's the .obj. (only one mat.) and SketchUp file :!: (this was not fun nor fast)

- Blender preset (quad faces) (only one mat. in the file, sorry) hope you can material it up in Blender?
- DeepExploration format export from Max + tirangulated faces (only one mat. in the file, sorry)
(Autocad file format export from Max broken out into parts - to try importing w/ SU for materials)
- export (includes Max texture coords)
- V. 2009.0 for use w/ Revit, can be converted to other formats w/ some programs like Deep Exploration. (brings lights, but doesn't apparently bring Mray specific lights, converts them to nearest equivalent)
(in bite-size parts)

I was able to open the blender-compat. .obj version above into KT, but the normals were bad, and some smoothing was missing, and it's all one single mat... but you can set the diffuse on it to white and set sun & sky and render it.

So I started the diff. work of converting the ACAD into SketchUp and broke it into parts. If you can get fix the .skp file (normals, missing faces, etc) get the tables and chairs into components and share them back, it would be helpful. (And the radiators) thanks.

<<

rossgalloway

KT-Explorer

Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:29 pm

awesome fletch. This looks like a cool scene.

On a similar note, I spent yesterday converting the current 3dallusions.com competition scene into skippy format. I can post it on here later tonight if anyone wants to play with it.

sorry to Highjack, but they seemed related.
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:26 pm

please post it! (to the 3DAllusions sticky thread)
if it's too big to post, email it to me and I'll host it on our domain.

<<

rossgalloway

KT-Explorer

Post Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:17 am

<<

Mocki010

KT-Explorer

Post Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:16 pm

my old classroom.........

Attachments
class-04-640-480-old.jpg
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:07 am

<<

gargon

KT-Fellow

Post Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:24 am

<<

RobT

KT-Fellow

Post Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:17 pm

Attachments
ScreenShot076.jpg
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:27 pm

<<

dsarchs

KT-Explorer

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:31 pm

XP SP2, Core 2 duo @ 2.13GHz, 2 GB ram --
<<

obkcaptain

KT-Fellow

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:22 pm

Re: Classroom Scene from Vizdepot

Hey Fletch...
I've found an old picture from the class of Vizdepot
Sorry (is my humble contribution) if doesn't like you, please erase it...
cheers
Attachments
classroom_mr_117.jpg
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:05 pm

ok, but you must post a Kerkythe render with your other rendering.

<<

ryanarch

Post Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:31 pm

tried this scene in kerky with sky portals. some post pro. :)
Attachments
school1.jpg
<<

dirtypr

KT-Fellow

Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:43 pm

Here is my 1st attempt. I noticed a few things I need to fix in the model, but decided to show what I got so far.
Attachments
10-24-A_bmlt.jpg

Return to Galleries - Work in Progress