[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Be water, my friend...
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Be water, my friend...

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

obkcaptain

KT-Fellow

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:46 am

Be water, my friend...

Hi all.
When I expected, the water is going to convert it to me into a nightmare....
In this case I've downloaded a sail boat from 3d Google warehouse.
With reference to the sea, I've put two surfaces. The first one, at the bottom, with blue color. For the second one, at "sea level" I've find (material section of this forum) a "water pack" (slightly modified) an I used it
Finally, with PS I've added "moon reflect" and a red light, wich is compulsory when sailing at dark conditions. Really, in this part of the sea, I should put a "tri-color light" (red on port side, green at starboard and white on backward).
I've read the Patrick Nieborg ( also know as Patricks) text about "Kerkythea Material Editor". It helps me a lot, but due to that text is wrote over an old version, I've found several problems using "trasnmittance" in order to "masking" the bulb on keel. For now I've passed PS....
So, PSE C&C
Thanks again, and I apologize for my (bad) english
Attachments
boat3-copy-forum.jpg
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:16 pm

Re: Be water, my friend...

It's a nice image, obk! :grin:
I think that you will have to work more with the water to be more realistic.
Create the sea as a closed box with water material on top, and black or sea blue on the sides and bottom. Make sure the top face it pointing up to the sky.

Return to Galleries - Work in Progress