[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Kitchen Remodeling
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Kitchen Remodeling

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

fillet54

Post Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:43 am

Kitchen Remodeling

My parents are currently thinking of remodeling their kitchen and so I thought it would be a great idea for me to model it so they will know exactly what they want. This what i have so far.

1.5h render time.

I still need to up the AA and photons but i would say so far pretty good. I can't tell but im not sure if the dark spot in the upper right is caused by the low amount photons or if i need to add more bounces(can you add more bounces by the way?) or if its just really dark there because its should be.

As far as the modeling is concerned only top left set of cabinets have their real doors on. The lower cabinets just have place holder doors and hardware. Expect much more detail when this is finished.

I am currently adding an outside environment so the windows dont look so bright(and in my opinion not as real). I will probably have that up later today.

The images produced by KT are great!
<<

ToMasz

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:15 pm

Hi fillet,
Nice modeling and qood materials. Did you use procedural texture on the
countertop? Looking forward to see next shot.
Greetings
Tomasz
<<

fillet54

Post Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:51 am

Okay not much done since last update. I have been gone. I added the outside environment and turned on linear lightflow. Using the new beta now with Gauss AA. Mitchell-Netravali seemed to blurry to me. Maybe i needed to up the settings. I havent played around with it enough.

No the counter top material is not procedural. I actually have to do a better job mapping the texture to the closest part of the counter on the left. i can see it stretching a little.

1.5h

render settings still low as the model is not complete and i only have one computer to render on. Im going to try to do a BiPT tonight and see how it comes out.
<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:16 am

<<

wehby

KT-Warrior

Post Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:10 pm

fillet54,

You rendering is coming along nicely. Patrick's thread about getting rid of white splotches might help you, if you haven't read it yet.

This is slightly off-topic, but since we are talking about your parent's kitchen...

You might want to dissuade them from buying commercial grade appliances (like the stove/oven shown). They use more energy and produce more heat than residential HVAC units can typically handle. Of course, I think that the stainless steel on commercial appliances is gorgeous. But it is also available on smaller units, too.

I noticed that you current renderings take advantage of KT's daylighting ability. Out of curiousity, what style lighting fixture were they considering. I think between adding the dishwasher and the light, your image would be really nice. Everything else after that would be icing on the cake!

-wehby
<<

fillet54

Post Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:29 am

Well we actually plan on putting a hood above the stove but yea that stove prolly wont be in the final plans just because the price for a 36" in range is way above a 30" range. I was just trying to get a feel if it was possible since i know my father likes cooking and the extra space is a plus if oyu have large pots and pans.

Return to Galleries - Work in Progress