[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Announcing Kerkythea Echo Boost
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Announcing Kerkythea Echo Boost

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:06 pm

Announcing Kerkythea Echo Boost

Dear friends,

it has been a (very) long time since Kerkythea 2008 (3 whole years). You know that we are not going to abandon Kerkythea; it was and is a work made with a lot of love. Even more, we have high respect towards the KT community that made KT the way it is; a powerful, easy to use, standalone, free renderer. I still remember the first days, when the software had only a small window with a few buttons and one render mode. These were really days of great significance that changed the future.

And so, here we are! We have good news for next KT update! There is a new version being under testing right now. The new version does not come with any changes (with respect to the user interface or render engines) but it comes with 2 significant improvements: 64-bit builds and speed increase of 50% or more! This is why, we decided to call the new build "Echo Boost".

We are very happy about the new version and we will make this available as soon as possible.

best wishes
<<

tridem

KT-Master

Post Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:56 pm

That's a great news! I admire your capability to dedicate resources to this project while Thea just started growing. Thanks Giannis, and my best wishes to Kerkythea =D>
<<

atreus

KT-Senior

Post Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:58 pm

=D> Thanks giannis for this good news!I'm sure that everyone would be thankful for this update. :D More power to you and the KT team! :respekt:
<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:08 pm

We owe KT updates and KT users deserve no less. Because one thing is for sure, the most precious resource that people invest is time and not money.

best wishes
<<

floric

KT-Senior

Post Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:41 pm

Oh. You all are so amazing! Sounds like a little dream! :grin:
THANKS! I will now look at this thread all 2 minutes. :D

I could test it on Ubuntu 10.10 64bit if I needed.

Regards from Germany, floric
I'm german -> bad english ;) -> Please feel free to correct me at grammar or expression mistakes. :)
<<

marne

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:59 am

Absolutely awesome, you made my year! :P
<<

Gaieus

KT-Senior

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:40 pm

Hi Giannis and thanks for the heads-up as well as the really good news!

I have learnt the basics of rendering with Kerkythea (hehe; I am still at the basics after years) and will always be thankful for this wonderful tool (many, MANY commercial and often rather expensive renderers are capable of much less than Kerky!).

Gai...
(Csaba Pozsárkó)
<<

Sergio

KT-Explorer

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:33 pm

Music to my ears :D That's wonderful news. Thank you and the KT team for the time and passion you put into this incredible piece of software, which is much appreciated by all of us
<<

benzjie

KT-Master

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:23 am

holy.... a 50% boost ? Thats briliiant. T KT team.
<<

Robynsveil

KT-Fellow

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:57 am

Excellent news! Thank you for your loyalty to the users who are excited about this cutting edge renderer.
<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:12 am

Oh, that has made my day. Thank you all very much. :D
Fanners \:D/
_______
<<

milfot

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:05 am

Many thanks Giannis! You are as generous as you are talented.

..miles
<<

saurus

KT-Senior

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:24 am

Thank you for the update! :D
<<

cadorna

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:33 am

64bit? finally... ;)
you are great!

thanks!
<<

cespinal

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:05 am

Great news!

I still consider myself a newbie but my last months have been a total blast using SU+KT...

Thank you very much for putting your time and effort in this project.

cheers.
Next

Return to News