[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Our New Web Site
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Our New Web Site

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

alex

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:37 pm

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
<<

jenujacob

KT-Explorer

Post Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:34 pm

<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:48 pm

<<

JGA

KT-Fellow

Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:34 pm

To be honest, I prefer the Joomla site as it was in March!
<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:56 am

what exactly did you like more?

lighter colors? more "loose" text feeling?
<<

Dan

KT-GrandMaster

Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:12 am

Regards!
Dan
ArchiCAD // SketchUp // Kerkythea
Intel Core 2 Duo E 6400 @ 2,13 Ghz // NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT // 4 Gb RAM // Win XP SP2
<<

PRSS

KT-Explorer

Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:38 am

IMHO the earlier site certainly had a more professional look. I would still be for the old site.

PRSS
<<

firkins

KT-Senior

Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:19 pm

I too, like the previous design better. I think it was not as "heavy" with color and stylization. The more loose nature of the graphics, with more white space contributed to it's less stylized nature. The new design of the home page is, IMHO, very heavy with the intense green border, and it is constraining in the rigid border and organization of the text blocks.

I think that the re-coloring of the KT logo is not necessarily more desirable, I too miss the focal red dot in the logo. The previous blue portion I was not as enthusiastic about.

I'm not sure what drove the need for a change. I think that a reorganizing of the previous format would have made it better without chucking the whole thing. You can argue that it was somewhat generic in its design, but I think the radical redesign perhaps went too far in trying to establish a branding for the software. Too many changes at once, without warning.

Just my humble opinions, take them for what they're worth.

Regards,
Michael

MacG4
MacOSX 10.5.1 Leopard
<<

clipi

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:03 am

First of all let me tell you that the new web site is far from final..
sorry for not offering a full working implementation but Joomla has it temper. We are in the process of trying several templates, some of then having advantages over others but sometime they cause problems with
other components.
Most certainly the Banner will be less "colorful" and in harmony with the template and also contain images that reflect the render engine.

Thanks for being patient.
<<

JGA

KT-Fellow

Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:18 pm

For what it's worth, the site has improved since my last visit.
<<

goney3

KT-Senior

Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:17 pm

<<

mabrown

KT-Warrior

Post Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:30 am

Sempron 64 3000+, 1GB DDR 400
trueSpace 6.6 (modeller), Kerkythea (renderer)
<<

rogp

Post Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:12 pm

Mark, I also prefers a non-framed forum. Not only I see too little inside a frame but the slideshow triggers my noisy computer fan regulary. Try this URL and you'll get the non-framed version: .
Roger
<<

qinjuehang

KT-Explorer

Post Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:19 pm

alex, normal ramps are a 'gradient' from one side of an object to another, and fresnel ramps are affected by the angle between it's normal and the camera's ray.
<<

alex

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:49 pm

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
PreviousNext

Return to News