[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Coming close to a new release!
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Coming close to a new release!

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

Frederik

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:40 pm

Sorry guys, but I feel we're getting off track here... ;)
It's already been confirmed that KT will not go commercial in near future, but remain free-ware...

I suspect that part of the reason why this discussion began is because somebody might have noticed the discussion we had earlier today in the shoutbox...?!? Currently we're establishing a web-shop, where we will be offering some various KT items like baseball caps, t-shirts and polo-shirts...
Even the price for these items will be non-profitable...!! :shock: :D
So... The web-shop is not being created because KT will go commercial...

So please - let's get back on track... ;)

We're asking users who want to test the new KT Mac port to join in... ;)

Cheers
Kim Frederik
<<

vonB

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:48 pm

I would be very interested in testing a Mac version. I have A g5dual PPC and MacBook Pro intel plus others. Thanks

John von Buelow
<<

xrok1

KT-Senior

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:52 pm

<<

patricks

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:43 pm

<<

xrok1

KT-Senior

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:46 pm

fair enough.

let me add that you guys are doing an excellent job!

i think most of the passion behind these posts is just excited anticipation.
<<

clipi

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:59 pm

<<

phs

Post Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:50 am

The consistent, extremely high level of professionalism exhibited by Giannis and the rest of the K team is most impressive. These folks have their act together, and the proof is in the quality of the Kerkythea product (not to mention all of the additional services such as this forum, the downloads section, awesome documentation, etc.)

Few people realize the degree of dedication and discipline required to pull off such a project at such an advanced level of quality.

So, my highest compliments to the K team -- please keep going the way you are. Keeping tight reigns on the beta program absolutely makes sense. Quality assurance, and control, are essential ingredients to any long-term successful project.

Though I'd love to offer to beta test the development versions on Linux (running a number of Ubuntu 7.0.4 boxes here for product R&D), my time is extremely limited at this point. If it would be helpful to at least test basic functionality on Ubuntu, with the MLT or BiPT methods, I might be able to help to some extent -- feel free to let me know.

With the current build, all seems to work OK on Ubuntu 7.0.4, except for adding a material from the left-hand pane to the library. Haven't had time to investigate this too much yet, but I'll try to report more details as soon as possible. Running K on W2K in a VMWare VM works beautifully though, which is my current method until I can get the Ubuntu materials library issues resolved.

Thanks again for K, and the outstanding way that you folks are managing this project. It should serve as a reference model for how to create a successful FOSS project.

Happy rendering!

-- Paul
<<

didelco

KT-Explorer

Post Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:50 am

We are changing the topic, but kerkythea will be freeware next version, and actually is sure that will be in future.

Kerkythea is for nature freeware, but special because have a programer that make 100% of the program code, and kt team only help with materials, documentation, ideas, etc... so kerkythea is freeware and not opensource, because has a person that make all the work and want to get the control, for this reason no betas are public, betas are public in general for developers.
<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:03 am

First of all, thanks to all of you for your kind words and support.
everyone of us is trying to do our best and given our time
framework, i think a lot of things have been accomplished.

Now, to the commercial question. I really don't understand how this
impression was given, but i will take it as a... compliment (i.e. the
application giving the feeling of a commercial one).
But KT is freeware. ;)

Regarding xrok's suggestion about heavy "newbie" testing, he has
certainly a point. That is also a fear of me right now that some
undetermined factors can be revealed upon release that didn't get
into account. That won't be nice, but certainly not a disaster since
we can provide an path/update a few days later. Take note also
that KT has started now to have longer release cycle - something
close to 6 months (currently).
On the other hand, we want beta testing to be more "internal" since
this is very nicely compined with ideas adaptation & development.
[it's not actually a "beta" of course]. That's why we want more people
for RC testing, but still not give something incomplete to all.
Nevertheless, i can't say if this is really the best approach than xrok's,
but just that it works for us nicely this way.

greetings
giannis
<<

SURFiNG

Post Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:01 am

As i said it's a different point of view, not a wrong one!
I have to admit that I (like any other one) would like to have the beta badly, and that's a good signal of how KT is good then i'll step back thiking that i even don't know how to use half of the possibilites KT gave me

What really we can do it's to donate to KT in order to keep it shining shape.
Now back to the topic eheh

PS: Ok im saying this because Monday i have to go in portugal due surfing for 2 weeks and i can't use KT, but when i'll get home i want the new version ready otherwise i'll go postal with everyone :)
<<

alex

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:39 am

one thing I can tell you : KT won't be released in two weeks..... :roll:
We expect to release it at the end of september...( :!: this is an approximation, it could also be end of october if we have problems, or mid-september if we're lucky...)

PS : we're definitly not good at approximations....remember last release... :lol: :lol:

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
<<

Timshark

Post Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:30 am

<<

Denman

KT-Senior

Post Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:55 am

<<

nlipovac

Post Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:53 pm

ICore2 Q6600@2,4GHz / 4GB RAM
GeForce 9800 GTX, 19" Dell
Vista / VR Ubuntu 8.10
<<

kt_zulu

KT-Senior

Post Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:17 pm

Kerkythea Team,

I would like to participate in this testing of the new version if you require additional help in keeping Kerkythea being the success it has been.

I know I have the time to do so as at the moment am unemployed and have 2x WinXP PC's and 2x Laptops sitting here doing nothing!

Regards

kt_zulu
PreviousNext

Return to News