[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Wiki Page Setup
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Wiki Page Setup

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:18 am

Wiki Page Setup

ok, here it goes:

I see many users that want to contribute in the documentation or FAQ
with their observations, corrections, etc.
The topic started with a post of Garp, here:

So, Herodes responded with a wish for a wiki, pointing to two free hosts,
namely and

My problem is my limited time, so i don't know how much i can contribute
putting text and supervising the whole process (i hope that a volunteer
can help here!).
Anyway, i went out and made a wiki page!
you are all welcomed to edit your posts here:

thanks,
giannis
Last edited by giannis on Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Herodes

KT-Senior

Post Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:03 pm

grabbed some stuff from the website...
it should kick off a start...
Last edited by Herodes on Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:28 pm

ok, thanks!

it will be nice for each one that posts something (or makes a change)
in the wiki page, to drop a post here to have some hints!
giannis
<<

drini

KT-Fellow

Post Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:06 pm

Giannis,

first of all thanks a lot for the new version (that's still beta 1.3.03). Is mach nicer then the previous, and I like a lot the "solid rendering" and the "solid texture rendering". For me is a big help to navigate on the scene.

I want to give a suggestion about building the FAQ. Since a lot of the name processes like example, filtering, shading, mapping, etc... might be unkown to some new users that just start on working with renderers, or even the values attributed to their control, for example, what a medium value, high or low in accordance to their numbers is... like for instance what it means when you have "ambient light" set to 0, or 1, or 2... and what is a low, medium or high value compered to what's a natural value seen in nature... I think all of these should be described and explainded in seperate chapters subdevided in sections.

We can start on bulding the FAQ by having these chapters, that follow the toolbox:

1.File
2.Edit
3.View
4.Settings
5.Render
6.Window
7.Help

and in each chapter have sections for each sub-function.

In the "Settings" chapter we will have the section for "Scene" "Sun and Sky" "Materials" and "Advanced" described in detail, and explaning every tab with its controls and values, with few words... a max of a paragraf for each function and control.

I think, one thing is knowing what a process does in the control of the renderer, and another one is knowing what a good or a normal (natural) value is to use for this process.

So in this frame I suggest a way to build the FAQ for kerky-renderer, in a way to have a compact and full library to learn it's usage. Unfortunately I don't know all the processes contolling Kerkythea, along with the vlues to place in them, so although I want to help and contribute, my ability is very limitet. I can try by working on what I know in the renderer, and by builiding the scheme of the chapters and sections to be filled with information, but on most of it's controls I don't know what to say.

What do you think about this frame or scheme for the FAQ Giannis? I think it will be easy to use, and it can be turned into the HELP library that will be installed along with future versions of Kerkythea.

Jasu Giannis,
greetings to all the K-comunity!

Drini.
<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:29 pm

well, sometimes i have really a bad judgement on these things,
as i see them from the developer's point of view and not the
user's point of view.

so, i think that users should speak and show us the correct direction.
this is why i think your opinion has some value although i would like
to see more contributing to this.

the wiki is a good place to start as a self-evolving faq mechanism.
i hope users of all levels can contribute there and tune the organization
as it goes on.

i think your proposal in making these chapters and finding a good
correspondance between parameters and renderer changes is a
good way to start.
giannis
<<

Herodes

KT-Senior

Post Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:42 am

Okie ... added another page.. about Graphical User Interface

Typed in all menu items and waiting for people to actually fill these in :D

<<

u3dreal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:24 pm

Filled in the FILE section .. just out of curiosity...lol..

although i not really familiar with the text syntax..

Does this look Ok or should it be more detailed ?

u3dreal ;)
<<

patricks

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:54 pm

If somebody would like to add this on , " G " key toggle's to scale mode .

Patricks
<<

Herodes

KT-Senior

Post Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:49 pm

thx u3dreal,.. I wish you are curious all the time :D
I think we should go in a little bit more detail... but it will be dealt with later...

mainly I can see that FAQs and Tutorials would easily fit in there...

patricks: couldn't see where the G has to go ..

Added FAQ section,... Just grabbed Link Garp's FAQ
Last Update: 21-6-06
<<

Herodes

KT-Senior

Post Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:57 am

Added the page contents...
<<

F.I.M.

KT-Fellow

Post Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:08 pm

btw maybe add K here http://www.wikicg.com/ :D
my 3d gallery, free textures and more on http://www.sanmonku.net/

ps. my english is not realy good ;)
<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:13 pm

it seems a nice idea, but then i don't see many additions on the wiki
lately...
btw, is wikicg related to wikipedia, or it has the same format to
attract people?
giannis
<<

F.I.M.

KT-Fellow

Post Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:20 pm

my 3d gallery, free textures and more on http://www.sanmonku.net/

ps. my english is not realy good ;)
<<

afecelis

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:14 pm

<<

manandmouse

KT-Explorer

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:56 am

Added a few lines to the Wiki:
Kerkythea Graphical User Interface (GUI)
http://wikihost.org/wikis/kerkythea/pro ... rinterface

-intro
-Edit: Select All
-Unselect
-Window: Console Log
try out all the buttons, observe and hope to learn
Next

Return to News