[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Announcing Thea Render
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Announcing Thea Render

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

rcossoli

KT-Warrior

Post Tue May 12, 2009 11:30 am

<<

StarWarsKnower

KT-Warrior

Post Tue May 12, 2009 2:55 pm

Mike

I'm still new to Kerkythea, so don't trust my advise completely without asking someone else :P
<<

Frederik

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue May 12, 2009 3:28 pm

Cheers
Kim Frederik

“…When a decision is made it’s important that you implement it quickly.”
<<

rcossoli

KT-Warrior

Post Tue May 12, 2009 3:37 pm

NEW

<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Tue May 12, 2009 8:36 pm

Thank you for your support and nice words!

One thing I would like to point out though; we certainly don't want to be paid back for prior work or because we deserve it as some kind of reward. We just want users to use Thea because they like it and because they are satisfied with its quality.

best wishes
Ioannis Pantazopoulos
<<

myklgrant

Post Tue May 12, 2009 10:44 pm

My 2 cents

I'm of two minds about this.
First I always appreciate the community that arises around a free app and I hope this isn't lost. And it was nice to have so much functionality available for free.
But...
KT is a product worth paying for and assuming the price is not prohibitive I will purchase it. I have found that the best value for your money are the applications that are "one-man shows" so to speak. Apps like 3D Coat, Moi, and Twisted Brush are as good as or better than their expensive commercial competitors at a fraction of the cost and you get support right from the author. I expect Thea Render will be like this (watch out Maxwell ?!). I also hope that making KT a product will spur development of materials libraries. I'd pay dearly for a Maxwell material import function.
All-in-all I look forward to trying (and probably buying) Thea Render.

Michael Grant
<<

Rafa

KT-GrandMaster

Post Wed May 13, 2009 3:52 am

I wish Thea become one of the most succesfull rendering programs. (Watch out V-Ray) He, he. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Rafa on Wed May 13, 2009 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

PRSS

KT-Explorer

Post Wed May 13, 2009 4:10 am

<<

pafurijaz

Post Wed May 13, 2009 1:40 pm

Giannis, You are a great man and we hope to break the rocks, like Maxwell, Fry, V-Ray.
Even if a little 'I am sorry to have missed this :cry:
Dont Under stimate the power of Blender
Pa_Furijaz
<<

lexmonteiro

KT-Warrior

Post Wed May 13, 2009 2:24 pm

Congratulations Giannis and Kt team, can I call you "The masters of ligh"? :grin:
I am working with KT everyday, it is my professional tool now, and I wish that Thea could be even better.
You have my support, and my best wishes!
I know that will be a huge succes!
<<

marcpenninga

Post Wed May 13, 2009 2:39 pm

Thank you!

Ioannis,

Let me take this opportunity to say THANK YOU to you (and the rest of the Kerkythea team) for all the work you have put into Kerkythea and for making this great program freely available. I'm glad to hear that you'll continue to improve it even further.

Thank you and best of luck with your new endeavour,

Marc
<<

Stackpool

KT-Senior

Post Wed May 13, 2009 3:19 pm

Wow. This is superb news. I'm very interested in the new engine. I'd not played with KT much of late as all my renders were taking too long, so if this is faster I'm in.

Thanks for all your hard work. You deserve some reward!
<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Wed May 13, 2009 6:40 pm

Fanners \:D/
_______
<<

dunablaster

Post Sat May 16, 2009 7:28 pm

that's most annoying for me! I love KT and I want to have it for free :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Would you like to make Thea Render cheap engine? Please :(
<<

Frederik

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat May 16, 2009 10:14 pm

Cheers
Kim Frederik

“…When a decision is made it’s important that you implement it quickly.”
PreviousNext

Return to News