[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - STONE WALL
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

STONE WALL

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

ale.riv

Post Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:48 pm

STONE WALL

I recently discoverd this wonderful program and first of all i want to thank KT for the great job !
i'm not a expert, i'm a novice, about render so i ask if someone can you help me about displacement. i have this stone wall, it is a part of most complex landscape, but I would like to reproduce more realistic effect. I know that impossible to use displacement with KT so I tried to import the wall in poseray but the result it isn’t good and I don’t know where I made a mistake. Another problem that I can't resolve it is how I can return in SU?
best,
aLeR

I’m not English, sorry for grammatical English errors !
Attachments
WALL_SU.JPG
WALL_KT.jpg
WALL_POSERAY.JPG
<<

steve6

KT-Master

Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:35 pm

Re: STONE WALL

Your materials, especially the wall, is very tiled, meaning that the same pattern repeats over and over. This makes the rendering look unrealistic. You need to do a search for better materials and apply them in SU, using a bump maps in KT.

Good landscaping would help, too.
<<

ale.riv

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:02 pm

Hi steve6
thx for the post.
i 'm going to find a better texture
cheers,
aLeR
<<

Egeria

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:22 pm

Nearly all the textures supplied with sketchup are extremely repetitive... The image files have fairly small dimensions, causing almost any surface of any reasonable size to get a clearly repetitive pattern. Fixing that will certainly improve the model.

Uneven surfaces like you want for the rocky surface will probably have to be drawn manually, though some effect can be gained through kerkythea materials using bump mapping and such.
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:26 pm

search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=poseray

If you are a SketchUp user, there's a plugin that creates models from grayscale images. (a bit like displacement in SU)
by ThomThom

<<

ale.riv

Post Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:05 am

Hi Egeria and Fletch,
thx for the post.
I already think to draw every single stone.
Now i try the new plugin.
bye,
aLeR
<<

steve6

KT-Master

Post Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:24 pm

SU textures are not very good. However, good texture maps are readily available so there's no need to draw your own.

Return to F.A.Q. - How do I...