[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Installing Kerkythea on El Capitan
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Installing Kerkythea on El Capitan

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

alsnikon4u

Post Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:52 pm

Installing Kerkythea on El Capitan

Hey,

I am trying to install Kerkythea on my new iMac pre-loaded with El Capital OS X 10.11 which is "rootless". I have filtered through the user forums regarding installing this as an extension to SketchUp (operating Version 15.3 of SketchUp Make by Trimble, not Google anymore unfortunately).

I have tried going into terminal and screwing around with some of the coding as other forums suggestion. This is out of my sphere of knowledge as I am an architecture student trying to make some nice renders from SketchUp. If this doesn't work then it looks like I will have to give up on Kerkythea and torrent some VRay -.-.

I want to use Kerkythea because I think that you guys have made a great tool user-accessible to the public and V-Ray is run by greedy people that charge $150 p/y for student license.

Thank you for any help that you may provide,

alsnikon4u
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:11 pm

Re: Installing Kerkythea on El Capitan

Sorry if you can't get it to work on your Mac.
Twilight Render is Kerkythea for SketchUp, available free, unlimited resolution, no piracy necessary, works for Mac. :?

<<

the_reptileslice

Post Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:09 am

Hello!

I've been using Kerkythea since 2012. I'm reluctant to make the switch to Twilight. Will Kerkythea work with El Capitan? Or is the answer - no - switch to Twilight.

I LOVE being able to open multiple instances/scenes of Kerkythea on my Desktop - Can Twilight provide the same functionality?

I LOVE the METROPOLIS LIGHT EXPORT render setting. What is the equivalent to this in Twilight? Has it been omitted?

Thanks for your consideration!
- the_reptileslice :mrgreen:
<<

JFain

Post Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:11 pm

Hello, bumping this up.

Having the same problem. Searching the FAQs and Googling hasn't turned up anything useful. I am able to install the SU extension, but the Kerkythea application will not install on my Mac (OSX 10.11 running current version of XQuartz).
<<

a42no

Post Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:43 am

Hello!

Is there any update on kerkythea for Mac Os X El Capitan? Really want to know if there's any upcoming update, before I purchase a new mac. Hope to get an immediate update.

Return to F.A.Q. - How do I...