[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Seamless workflor of material from SU to KT
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Seamless workflor of material from SU to KT

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

johnnypalmer

Post Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:34 pm

Seamless workflor of material from SU to KT

Hey Guys

I work in events and the speed at which I have to output designs is crazy. As such workflow is really important

At the moment I get my drawing into KT from Sketchup and then edit materials for that particular render. if I make changes in Sketchup I then have to repeat the process.

Please can someone advise on how I make it so that the material data is already in sketchup so that KT is generally just acting as a render engine rather than me having to do loads of stuff to it.
<<

TipsyDog

KT-Fellow

Post Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:51 am

Re: Seamless workflor of material from SU to KT

If I understood correctly, then you want to set up the materials directly in Sketchup, bypassing KT ?! I'm afraid so impossible, KT does not integrate into Sketchup, it works like a "standalone" program. This has the advantage, since integrated solutions are rather buggy. You need "Twilight render", "Lux render", "IRender nXt" or other.
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:55 am

Re: Seamless workflor of material from SU to KT

Twilight Render is exactly what you want. And it's free for personal or professional work. unlimited resolution, no watermark, and 100x better than KT if you are a sketchup user... but then, we created it for that purpose, so, yeah, I'm biased. :D

Return to F.A.Q. - How do I...