[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Questions - questions...
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Questions - questions...

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:00 pm

<<

globaldeb

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:50 am

I have put the plugin in the plugin folder and it comes up on the sketchup screen, but when I click on it ( the export model to Kerkythea button) it doesnt do anything. I clicked on the one next to it which is scenes and thats the same. The one next to that opens a window and ask to locate kerkythea program.
Any help in this would be great.
For any Sketchup related issue, PLease visit www.sketchup4architect.com
<<

rednotdead

Post Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:14 am

Hey everyone,
Been playing with Kerkythea for a while, and one issue that keeps popping up for me is that shadows generated by the sun are always unrealistically sharp. How do I change this?
<<

Towik

KT-Warrior

Post Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:49 am

Attachments
20_000_sun.png
7_500_sun.png
0_500_sun.png

<<

tridem

KT-Master

Post Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:52 am

You must also enable the 'soft shadows' flag. there's a quick guide about light settings
<<

Towik

KT-Warrior

Post Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:53 am

true i enable it , but dint mention it :evil:

best way is too read Luca's [Tridem] guide

<<

rednotdead

Post Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:52 pm

<<

joewodsen

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: Questions - questions...

hi,
i have a problem with my imported 3ds file from rhino.
I can see the model in Kerkythea and maybe 80% of the surfaces are ok but the other surfaces are a kind of black and I can’t put materials on them. So the stye dark after rendering.
Do you have a idée what I can do about that Problem? Or a better way to transport my 3d file from rhino to Kerkythea?
Is 3ds the best file format?
I hope you find some time to give my an answer.

joe
<<

mtanure

Post Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:50 pm

That is a way that like on Sketchup I could make components? group, ungroup, explode on the Kerkythea?
<<

afiqnadzir

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:08 pm

hello,im new here..i looking for grass material...where to find it?
<<

Winters

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:12 pm

I've been fiddling around with Kerkyhea for some time now, and learned a lot from that. However, there is one thing I have yet to figure out. I have an office building with the CEO office modeled an is about 300 feet above ground. I have a global in there (with trees some several hundred meters away or so), but when looking out the window, it just looks like the office is on the ground floor, rather than at the very top. Is there a way to modify something so it appears higher off the ground relative to the global, or should I be using some other technique instead?

Edit: An example

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:46 am

Any spherical sky is taken by a camera. (even if it is a "virtual camera")
So if you want a spherical sky to appear to have been taken from 300 feet above the ground, then the original spherical sky must have been taken with a camera that was 300 feet above the ground. Because the camera will always be placed in the center of the spherical image.

So, you need to modify the spherical image (make a copy of it, open it in photo editor, shift horizon line down, add some more sky to fill the new gap at the top, save as "new name 300+feet" or whatever, use new image as the spherical sky)

<<

munsonmunson

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:05 pm

Google Earth imagery from SU into KT

I've got two issues:

One, I am trying to import a scene from SketchUp where I'm using Google Earth Imagery/topography. I have imported models like this before and the image has come in fine, but this time it doesn't seem to be working. What do I need to do to make sure my images come into KT?

Two, I'm rendering a scene in KT where there are multiple tower buildings. I'm leaving the walls as thin glass but want the floors to be white to show through. Most of the floors come in fine, but in a number of towers (especially taller ones), some of the floors turn a greyish color. What can I do to make sure all my floors stay white?

Thanks a lot, I look forward to finding some answers!
<<

millahjovich

Post Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:15 am

This is not a KT problem :wink: this also happens with real cameras if you use a wide angle objective and try to take a photo from a building and you are near to the building ( you can buy special cameras to correct the perspective ...) . To minimise this affect , you can use a higher focal length and go further away from the building and so this lines will be more vertical :wink:
|| ||||
<<

lalibrew

Post Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:52 pm

Please someone help me, I didn't know that the lights could be enabled or disable. Can someone please tell me how I do this.
Thanks
PreviousNext

Return to F.A.Q. - How do I...