[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Putting the KT Wiki to work for everyone
This forum board is in read-only mode.
FAQ  •  Login

Putting the KT Wiki to work for everyone

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

manandmouse

KT-Explorer

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:42 pm

Putting the KT Wiki to work for everyone

Getting the KT_Wiki to work

Last friday Feb 09 both Patricks and me answered
three (differently put) questions on the same subject.
and I saw the topic also being asked about
in the shoutbox on that same day.
Of course these questions were asked in distinctly different
topic-headers
sometimes as sub-sub-topic
All dealt with the way how to correct the texturebitmap coordinates:
UV-mapping, repeats, etc.

=========== see ====================
-FAQ - Ceramic settings
-Galleries - Finished Projects Subject: black
-FAQ - can u solve my newbie problem?

Lately I have been working a bit on updating the KT-Wiki
chapter GraphicalUserInterface
to get it to reflect the current KT2007 release.

there I also dealt with the
Window:
Bitmap-coordinates
to small extents

So now any future questions on the subject that I will encounter
here will be pointed to the WIKI
were new (and other) users also haphazardly can discover
about the dockable toolbar..(for instance)
and probably other stuff they never even
thought of asking about.

As the Wiki is an open system to which everyone can contribute,
I propose that everyone coming with a viable solution on
a question asked here will please be so kind to add that information to the WIKI.
gradually building a nice documentation and filling the gaps.

Thanks to: Giannis, Herodes, drini, U3dReal, F.I.M. for suggestions, setting it up and filling it in.
For the moment the following chapters exist:
* GraphicalUserInterface A detailed explanation of the graphical user interface of Kerkythea
* FAQ A Frequently Asked Questions part for starting with Kerkythea and more...
* Tutorials A collection of tutorials contributed from Kerkythea users
* Tips'n'Tricks Tips & Tricks for the renderer
* Downloads Download material libraries, scripts etc.
* ChangeLog An online changelog of tracking all versions

You can read all about it here:
http://www.kerkythea.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=673

Even the smallest contribution will be apreciated.

If nobody else volunteers I am willing to
to take care of the structure.

For the moment the wiki topic resides on:
News: Sticky: Wiki Page Setup.

My suggestion is to move it here in the FAQ - section
as it can deal with a lot of the FAQ's
And to the moderators Frederik, Fletch and didelco,
to make a Wiki-sticky here
were contributors can report on their adding and editing.

Let us grow the Wiki together :roll:
try out all the buttons, observe and hope to learn
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:24 pm

Thanks, ManandMouse for your work on this... I too find myself answering questions that already have answers elsewhere... the Wiki is the perfect thing to just be able to say 'see answer <here>' and link to the wiki where the answer is.

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:36 pm

Tell you honestly, m&m, it's a bit confusing knowing how to edit this beast for us slow guys - maybe a short tutorial on updating the Wiki would be useful?

I would like to add subtopics to the "Settings" pull-down menu portion of the GUI wiki, but don't get how to 'add' the topic. I added the words to the list, but don't have time to figure it all out right now.

thanks in advance! dank u wel!

<<

manandmouse

KT-Explorer

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:51 pm

Thanks Fletch,
Dank je wel,
can I continue in Dutch... :lol:
Short instruction how to edit a wiki-page:

Click the Edit-page-button on top-left or bottom-left.
It takes you to the "sandbox" for the whole page
but if you want to edit a subtopig click the small button.
(partial edit) for a limited sandbox.

From there it is as easy as posting stuff on this forum.
functional formatting buttons on top
and info on the syntax you find on the right.
As with posting here
there is always a button to preview your editing.
Once you are satisfied
hit the "Save Page"-button.

Happy Wikiing

If you cant figure it out post a neat summary here.
And I wil add it.
Attachments
partial_edit2.jpg
For editing Wiki-page subtopics
partial_edit2.jpg (8.45 KiB) Viewed 12787 times
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:10 am

<<

manandmouse

KT-Explorer

Post Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:45 am

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:49 am

<<

manandmouse

KT-Explorer

Post Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:34 am

Last edited by manandmouse on Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:09 am

m&m...
looks like I somehow accidentally edited your last post :oops: sorry buddy. hope you can forgive me :) Kim's done that to me once or twice - he he he.

Can you please re-post the link to your new wiki mock-up? Thanks.

I have put in a little tutorial now on how to create your own material library to share.
I put it in the Tutorials section, and a reference to it under Setttings>Materials.

<<

manandmouse

KT-Explorer

Post Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:34 am

Hello Fletch,
Thanks for making this topic sticky.
The link to my concept for a clear and informative page
is here:
http://members.home.nl/rouweler//K_tut/ ... rface.html

I have put it on the GUI-Wiki-page.
And I could certainly appreciate some help from Didelco (who built the new site) and /or others.

For now I think it should be split in several pages, dealing with
specific subtopic-advice as yours (about rendersetting and their general purpose)
Even now using Anchors to jump from and to it gets to big.
A FAQ with index should be nice too.

I will edit my post of yesterday to reflect what was there later.
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:43 am

<<

manandmouse

KT-Explorer

Post Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:18 am

<<

Herodes

KT-Senior

Post Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:18 pm

Good to see the wiki given some part of the action ;)
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:46 am

<<

chris4d

Post Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:53 am

Hi all -

Can we make a new sticky post to point to the new wiki? The material in this thread is pretty old. It would be great to get more people contributing their knowledge to the wiki.

Also - how will people be able to put images into the wiki pages? Is there a place on the Kerkythea site to upload images so we can link to them in the wiki? If everyone is hosting their own images, there are bound to be a lot of broken links eventually.

thanks!
Next

Return to F.A.Q. - How do I...