[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - problems with car paint mettalic texture
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

problems with car paint mettalic texture

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

monk77

Post Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:57 pm

problems with car paint mettalic texture

Hi Folks,

I make a funny car with sketchup. Then I make my first render.

Look

In this version the car looks like plastic. Now I want to use the car paint metallic style and the output looks like this (see attachement). I used the default options for this texture.

What's wrong with my settings. I changed nothing. Everything is default.

Cheers
monk77
Attachments
whats_wrong.png
metallic look
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:30 pm

Did you use ? Did you UV map the model? Please readt trough tutorials from , those will save a lot of time.
<<

monk77

Post Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:56 pm

Yes, that's the library. I will read the tutorials, but by the way: what do you mean with UV map the model?
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:52 pm

<<

monk77

Post Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:04 pm

It does not work. Every textures work fine. Now I added a texture (in sketchup) to my model which I want to render. In kytherea everything works fine, but this paint metallic look do nocht work. Has anybody else the same problems with this mat?

Cheers
monk77
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:56 pm

the metallic paint has a texture in the paint to give the tiny metallic speckle look.

in sketchup you must apply any texture but it's best that you apply the exact same texture that is in the metallic paint you are applying. make sure the paint texture looks right in SketchUp.

then it will look right when rendered in KT

good luck

it looks like a funny project.

<<

monk77

Post Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:08 am

<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:56 am

<<